Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FRANCHISES? ADVISE BUY OR NOT TO BUY?

FRANCHISES? ADVISE BUY OR NOT TO BUY?

Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FRANCHISES? ADVISE BUY OR NOT TO BUY?

We have only been here 6 weeks but it is apparant that wages are much lower here than we are used too in the UK. We did know this before we came out and we do appreciate that cost of living is generally lower (with the exception of mortgage loans) but we are now thinking about investing in a franchise where the net profits are more than double an average wage and will be our own business which i can then work around the school hours and holidays,

i was wondering wether anyone else had looked into this or already bought one. We would love advise wether in favour for or against buying a franchise.

Thanks Caroline
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:21 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FRANCHISES? ADVISE BUY OR NOT TO BUY?

Originally Posted by carolinelaurie
We have only been here 6 weeks but it is apparant that wages are much lower here than we are used too in the UK. We did know this before we came out and we do appreciate that cost of living is generally lower (with the exception of mortgage loans) but we are now thinking about investing in a franchise where the net profits are more than double an average wage and will be our own business which i can then work around the school hours and holidays,

i was wondering wether anyone else had looked into this or already bought one. We would love advise wether in favour for or against buying a franchise.

Thanks Caroline

There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago - should come up if you do a search.
Good luck
Old Oct 4th 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of
Default Re: FRANCHISES? ADVISE BUY OR NOT TO BUY?

no, haven't baught one, but were looking into it aswell? Would be interesting to see which one your looking into??!!
Check out the thread about 2 wks ago.