France

Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:32 am
Just Joined

goppie has a brilliant futuregoppie has a brilliant futuregoppie has a brilliant futuregoppie has a brilliant futuregoppie has a brilliant futuregoppie has a brilliant future
Default France

British family living in France at the moment and will be in Brisbane in the next few months. Anybody else there who has livied in France
Old Feb 16th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all
Default Re: France

Hi Goppie,
We are still in France too, and applying for an australian visa to move to Queensland as well.
Can't wait to get out of here, I'm sure we'd have loads to talk about, lived in Charente maritime too for a few years, feel free to drop us a line
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

We're living in France too. Just got our visa yesterday for oz! Hoping to move in July sometime. We're moving to Perth though. Have just had the forth and final company come to give us a quote on shipping furniture. If you need contact numbers let me know!

Take care
Marina
Old Feb 16th 2006, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nomayaja
We're living in France too. Just got our visa yesterday for oz! Hoping to move in July sometime. We're moving to Perth though. Have just had the forth and final company come to give us a quote on shipping furniture. If you need contact numbers let me know!

Take care
Marina

Hi we are moving to Queensland also - Only we have never lived in France, in fact never even been there!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 4:44 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Only we have never lived in France, in fact never even been there!
Lucky you - lol
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by goppie
British family living in France at the moment and will be in Brisbane in the next few months. Anybody else there who has livied in France
Went to France on Holiday last year and can hole heartedly say I will never enter that toilet of a country again. I think though the real problem was that I stayed in a cottage from www.cottages4u.co.UK and it was a shit hole. The biggest issue being that it was owned by a cockney couple. Lived in France for over 10 years and still didn't speak a word of french!!!!!!!!I
Stayed in Le Havre on the way and went out for a meal with my family at 8.30pm and found France was closed!!!!

Nice country, wonderful scenery, still unsure about the natives though, maybe you can enlighten me.

PS for a country that claims to have the greatest food in the world I couldn't find a decent meal. I am also not a Philistine!!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:30 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The S's
Went to France on Holiday last year and can hole heartedly say I will never enter that toilet of a country again. I think though the real problem was that I stayed in a cottage from www.cottages4u.co.UK and it was a shit hole. The biggest issue being that it was owned by a cockney couple. Lived in France for over 10 years and still didn't speak a word of french!!!!!!!!I
Stayed in Le Havre on the way and went out for a meal with my family at 8.30pm and found France was closed!!!!

Nice country, wonderful scenery, still unsure about the natives though, maybe you can enlighten me.

PS for a country that claims to have the greatest food in the world I couldn't find a decent meal. I am also not a Philistine!!!!!
France is a beautiful place with beautiful food and great people, but not all of France!! ...you just need to find the right place for you.

Sounds like you had a right nightmare there. Don't let it put you off though
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Welshie
France is a beautiful place with beautiful food and great people, but not all of France!! ...you just need to find the right place for you.

Sounds like you had a right nightmare there. Don't let it put you off though
I think your probably right, cottage and owners where so bad it completely tainted my view of France for ever.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:21 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The S's
I think your probably right, cottage and owners where so bad it completely tainted my view of France for ever.
yeh I know what you mean..I remember my first time in paris..everyone was rude, it pissed down the whole time and I trod in dog shite so many times it was unreal!!