Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Foxtel info - north Brisbane?

Foxtel info - north Brisbane?

Old Nov 21st 2008, 5:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Foxtel info - north Brisbane?

Lots of you guys around Albany Creek/Cashmere/Aspley end of Brisbane - can you let us know whether your Foxtel is up and running?
Crashed here on Tuesday night, still off. Foxtel say its a problem across the whole of north Brisbane caused by the storms on Sunday (which is pretty clever as it worked fine until Tues night and its working at Kedron just down the road!). They also say they have no idea when it will be back on.

Its driving the Bloke up the pole, and is now actually annoying me as he can't record Casualty for me tonight (which may sound trivial but its the pnly proigramme I ever watch....).

If anyone can give us an idea about how theirs is running it might give him ammunition to shout at them with this evening!!

Thanks muchly
Old Nov 21st 2008, 5:28 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel info - north Brisbane?

Have you tried the old faithful Polly?

Turn it off
Pull the plug out the wall
Leave it for a few minutes
Plug it back in and see what happens

No matter what the problem is FOX always tell me to do this!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Same the world over. I remember NTL telling us to do the same back in the UK. So does that mean you have had no TV at all for all that time Pollyana? When we move, we've been told the only way to get TV at The Gap, is to get Foxtel. So does that mean, anyone there with Foxtel has had no TV since the storm?
Old Nov 21st 2008, 5:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Have you tried the old faithful Polly?

Turn it off
Pull the plug out the wall
Leave it for a few minutes
Plug it back in and see what happens

No matter what the problem is FOX always tell me to do this!
We have no TV as we have no exterior aerial for terrestrial (rental property :curse, if we had one he would at least have a couple of channels of drivel! As it is The Bloke may murder someone soon so I'm quite glad I'm working nights!!!

TT - he has unplugged everything in the house several times, kicked it, rebooted it, patted it, hugged it, done just about everything possible.........on ringing Foxtel they just keep saying the whole of the area is down......
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:14 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like its time to crack a beer or 2 then!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We have no TV as we have no exterior aerial for terrestrial (rental property :curse, if we had one he would at least have a couple of channels of drivel! As it is The Bloke may murder someone soon so I'm quite glad I'm working nights!!!

TT - he has unplugged everything in the house several times, kicked it, rebooted it, patted it, hugged it, done just about everything possible.........on ringing Foxtel they just keep saying the whole of the area is down......
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

I'm pretty sure the Foxtel boxes use the same firmware and hardware as the ones provided in the UK.

Thus one thing worthwhile doing (try it in Aus, but it does work in the UK so if you have Sky here it is worth doing every now and then anyway) is as follows.

To reset

Pull plug from the wall or back of the box.
Leave for 30 seconds
Reconnect and let it boot up and then turn it on.

Force a download of latest software, which should happen automatically but often does not.

Ensure TV on and box off (in standby)
Push and hold backup button on the front of the box (NOT the remote)
Keeping this held down, pull out the power cord from the rear of the box (power will go off!).
Again, with the backup button held down, push the power plug back in (it helps to have two people to do this but you can do it one handed!).
Keep the backup button held in until you see all lights lit on the box - at the same time you should see a message on the screen advising it is doing a software download and may take up to 10 minutes.

Leave it be - it could take anywhere from 30 seconds to the full 10 minutes (or more).

Once done it will switch off automatically. Then just restart as new...

I'd be interested if this works on Foxtel boxes as it work on both Sky + and standard Sky boxes here in the UK.

Slip
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:33 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slipshot
I'm pretty sure the Foxtel boxes use the same firmware and hardware as the ones provided in the UK.

Thus one thing worthwhile doing (try it in Aus, but it does work in the UK so if you have Sky here it is worth doing every now and then anyway) is as follows.

To reset

Pull plug from the wall or back of the box.
Leave for 30 seconds
Reconnect and let it boot up and then turn it on.

Force a download of latest software, which should happen automatically but often does not.

Ensure TV on and box off (in standby)
Push and hold backup button on the front of the box (NOT the remote)
Keeping this held down, pull out the power cord from the rear of the box (power will go off!).
Again, with the backup button held down, push the power plug back in (it helps to have two people to do this but you can do it one handed!).
Keep the backup button held in until you see all lights lit on the box - at the same time you should see a message on the screen advising it is doing a software download and may take up to 10 minutes.

Leave it be - it could take anywhere from 30 seconds to the full 10 minutes (or more).

Once done it will switch off automatically. Then just restart as new...

I'd be interested if this works on Foxtel boxes as it work on both Sky + and standard Sky boxes here in the UK.

Slip
As Polly said, been there, done that and now want the t-shirt.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:36 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Same the world over. I remember NTL telling us to do the same back in the UK. So does that mean you have had no TV at all for all that time Pollyana? When we move, we've been told the only way to get TV at The Gap, is to get Foxtel. So does that mean, anyone there with Foxtel has had no TV since the storm?
Foxtel are saying there is no coverage in The Gap, Ashgrove, Arana Hills etc, etc, etc, but then i've got told that they won't even consider there is a problem
until they get 5 calls from the area. Tossers!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Lots of you guys around Albany Creek/Cashmere/Aspley end of Brisbane - can you let us know whether your Foxtel is up and running?
Crashed here on Tuesday night, still off. Foxtel say its a problem across the whole of north Brisbane caused by the storms on Sunday (which is pretty clever as it worked fine until Tues night and its working at Kedron just down the road!). They also say they have no idea when it will be back on.

Its driving the Bloke up the pole, and is now actually annoying me as he can't record Casualty for me tonight (which may sound trivial but its the pnly proigramme I ever watch....).

If anyone can give us an idea about how theirs is running it might give him ammunition to shout at them with this evening!!

Thanks muchly
I know we are not that close but ours never went off in North Lakes and is still working fine.I'm not posting to rub it in just to give you an idea of the area involved.I'm not sure about other suburbs but no one at work has mentioned any problems(areas of Petrie, Strathpine and Kallangur). Don't know if this helps?
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Babsw
I know we are not that close but ours never went off in North Lakes and is still working fine.I'm not posting to rub it in just to give you an idea of the area involved.I'm not sure about other suburbs but no one at work has mentioned any problems(areas of Petrie, Strathpine and Kallangur). Don't know if this helps?
Can you help then?
http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=574393:embaressed_smile:
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:05 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Can you help then?
http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=574393:embaressed_smile:
Is it back on yet?

If not, then i'm sure you and Polly can find some light entertainment
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Is it back on yet?

If not, then i'm sure you and Polly can find some light entertainment
She's at work.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Bloke
She's at work.
Oh, well that's buggered that up.

Sorry mate, hope you get Casualty on soon..
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

As has been said no problems here in North Lakes or the surrounding areas.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
As has been said no problems here in North Lakes or the surrounding areas.
Well can you help then?
http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=574393

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.