Foxtel Digital

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Foxtel Digital

Any idea when they are rolling this out and what the prices of the packages are? We had Sky Digital in the UK, and Foxtel is like being in the dark ages by comparison.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Foxtel Digital

Originally posted by dracupg
Any idea when they are rolling this out and what the prices of the packages are? We had Sky Digital in the UK, and Foxtel is like being in the dark ages by comparison.
They have only just got the finance to start. Oz is a long way away from implementation.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
They have only just got the finance to start. Oz is a long way away from implementation.
I'll certainly be getting it if the channels are the same as in the UK.

I miss the extreme sports channel and M2
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:18 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

It's going over now, last time I saw foxtel they were doing tests.
Legitimate users - are receiving new cards and boxes and there has been major upgrading - software changes
I managed to get it the other week (just changed the settings)
I've been locked out ( This is if I had been using a gold card, I 've been locked out - but of course I'm not , I'm just making it all up - because I would never ever break the law!)

Here try this forum, http://forums.eyo.com.au/forumdispla...d=27&x=8&y=6if you can plough through all the rubbish /aggression by some posters (it's an odd forum - but if you plough through the junk messages , you will find the odd good advice)
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

lynn kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

FRIEND OF OURS HAS JUST STARTED WORK FOR THEM THEY RECKON MARCH WILL BE THE LAUNCHTIME.

LYNN
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ceri,

I don’t understand how anyone can be getting this just now. You would need a new digital set top box, not just a new card in your existing one. At the moment, the Foxtel site is requesting that you register your interest.

Are the new cards they are rolling out just now not just the normal encryption upgrades they do on occasion to keep the hackers on their toes.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Ceri,

I don’t understand how anyone can be getting this just now. You would need a new digital set top box, not just a new card in your existing one. At the moment, the Foxtel site is requesting that you register your interest.

Are the new cards they are rolling out just now not just the normal encryption upgrades they do on occasion to keep the hackers on their toes.
we have a box that receives digital - cost me a little over $300 ... The cards is the prob... ( encryption) .. has not been hacked into anywhere in the world , not that I'm aware of ... but the hackers are working on it)

At the moment these Hackers can still hack into Aus Foxtel for now , using a gold card (this will change in March or April)- but at the moment foxtel keep changing frequencies... so if you've got a gold card you've got to go into your settings and change your Freq ( on a daily basis almost) - but as for the hackers there is no way around it for now, you will need to get a real card come March or April from foxtel - it's all over for people who are receiving unpaid for TV

not that I would know of course. (I fantasise a lot )