Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Foxtel connections to TV, DVD & video

Foxtel connections to TV, DVD & video

Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:33 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Foxtel connections to TV, DVD & video

Anyone know how to connect Foxtel into my video using scart leads and also linking up the DVD so all work and record.

I can play DVD and video but can't record onto video as I haven't an idea how to set up the video conections with Foxtel unit.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:39 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel connections to TV, DVD & video

Originally Posted by irishmolly
Anyone know how to connect Foxtel into my video using scart leads and also linking up the DVD so all work and record.

I can play DVD and video but can't record onto video as I haven't an idea how to set up the video conections with Foxtel unit.
I'm pretty sure your unit will need 2x scarts on the back - or at worst an rgb output. If you have a single scart unit, not too sure if that's workable. Hope you get more definate answers from another. (my Mum can't record with Pace in UK as she only has a single scart unit.)
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Our Tv has a single scart - we bought a scart splitter and now have playstation, dvd and video connected to tv. Slight reduction in picture quality but only if you really look for it.
I think Dick Smith sell them here.

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
I'm pretty sure your unit will need 2x scarts on the back - or at worst an rgb output. If you have a single scart unit, not too sure if that's workable. Hope you get more definate answers from another. (my Mum can't record with Pace in UK as she only has a single scart unit.)
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:14 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishmolly

Hi Irishmolly
We had several probs with ours. The Foxtel had no scart input I think. Anyway, went to the local GoodGuys trying to get some inspiration and hoping that the leads I wanted would be there instead confronted by a zillion type of leads so I was scratching my head picking a few of them up when the store assistant told me he would gladly come to my house and rig it all up for me for 40 bucks including any leads that I wanted.
Actually, the guy who installed the Foxtel also offered the same service but we lost his card (found it now).
Not much help but reckon if you go intoi a local store like that you may get the same sort of offer or I can give you these guys names.
I have a very large collection of interesting leads from previous attempts to do this myself!

Andrew