Foxtel

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:31 pm
cath & rig

Cath & Rig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Foxtel

Hi all,
One month in and everything going well. All the boring stuff such as Tax code, medi card, bank acct has been set up.

Now for the fun stuff. I want to get Foxtel but don't know what it entails. Is the system Cable based or will I have to have a dish put up. If its cable how can I tell if my flat has Cable installed, is there a box or something that will give it away. At the moment I'm renting so would have to ask the landlord :scared: if we can install dish / cable and really wanted to be up and running before Christmas.

Cheers Rig
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:44 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel

Originally Posted by Cath & Rig
how can I tell if my flat has Cable installed,
Go to www.foxtel.com.au and click on book now. After choosing your package, you put in your postcode and they tell you whether cable is in your area. I guess if it's in the area, they can pretty much install it into most houses.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 11:10 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
One month in and everything going well. All the boring stuff such as Tax code, medi card, bank acct has been set up.

Now for the fun stuff. I want to get Foxtel but don't know what it entails. Is the system Cable based or will I have to have a dish put up. If its cable how can I tell if my flat has Cable installed, is there a box or something that will give it away. At the moment I'm renting so would have to ask the landlord :scared: if we can install dish / cable and really wanted to be up and running before Christmas.

Cheers Rig

Um before Christmas.... you might be struggling. Cant see why a landlord would say no.... there only small dishes. When you do sign up for Foxtel its on a contract for a period of time, so if you move from your rented place, they will slug you again for an installation/moving or whatever it is called fee
Old Dec 4th 2004, 12:29 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Cheers Rig
The block has to be Foxtel enabled. Foxtel should know so phone them. I know the block I live in is Foxtel enabled but I am not paying 50 a month for more squalid TV and old Eastenders reruns.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 1:09 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Siren
Um before Christmas.... you might be struggling. Cant see why a landlord would say no.... there only small dishes. When you do sign up for Foxtel its on a contract for a period of time, so if you move from your rented place, they will slug you again for an installation/moving or whatever it is called fee
Any idea what the charge might be for moving? It seems that the contract with Foxtel is 24 months however I'm planning on renting for a year before buying a place. Would like to install Foxtel in the rented place and then carry on with the contract when I move but I'm worried that they may require a new contract and hit me for the additional 12 months.

Without Foxtel there's no point having a TV. 7, 9 and 10 are absolutely dreadful TV stations!
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Foxtel

I signed up for Foxtel two days ago at a stand in our local shopping centre. The basic package was $49.95 per month, with free installation. I had to sign up for 24 months, but if you move house you just take it with you. They are coming on Monday to install. I couldn't tell you if its cable or satellite dish ( I don't really care and never throught to ask), they checked the address over the phone with someone. The only id I had on me was a medicare card and that was fine. I never even thought about checking with landlord, too late now! I can't wait to find something to watch on TV that is not absolutely awful. Now that husband is gone back to UK for three months I need something to keep me entertained.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:26 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by melibeam
I signed up for Foxtel two days ago at a stand in our local shopping centre. The basic package was $49.95 per month, with free installation. I had to sign up for 24 months, but if you move house you just take it with you. They are coming on Monday to install. I couldn't tell you if its cable or satellite dish ( I don't really care and never throught to ask), they checked the address over the phone with someone. The only id I had on me was a medicare card and that was fine. I never even thought about checking with landlord, too late now! I can't wait to find something to watch on TV that is not absolutely awful. Now that husband is gone back to UK for three months I need something to keep me entertained.
Foxtell are basically about 4 years behind sky UK.

In april of this year they launched Foxtell digital which is exactly the same as sky digital, same remote same everything. You do not have to have cable anymore and it shouldn't matter where you live as all they have to do is point the dish at the satelite and away you go. I have friends on a farm in the middle of no where and they have foxtel digital.

We pay 60 a month and have everything but the movies purely because we rent movies out to the backpackers and having them free on the tele would stop them renting the movies. you can pay 99 per month and get absolutely everything, I think but dont quote me it also includes a couple of free PAY movies a month which are really up to date.

You have to sign up for 2 years to get the free installation that they are pluggin in near on every shopping centre in the country however for a fee you can reduce that to either 6 months or a year.

I am loving having it, I honestly havent watched tele since I got here as the basic channels are crap and although I am still not watching anywhere near as much tv as I did in the UK It is nice to be able to sit down and actually find a decent program on if we want, all the documentaries etc are great.

Also on a saturday and a sunday night you get 2 live English Premiership matches.

Cheers
Kala
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Dont think I would sign up for 24 months! Many here will tell you after 6 months you have basically seen everything at least 3 times, it just keeps recycling the same old shows over and over again. Even the shows with 'new episodes' are years out of date. Was great for the news but thats about it, besides what are you all doing watching TV? Your new outdoor lifestyle awaits
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:50 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jad n rich
what are you all doing watching TV? Your new outdoor lifestyle awaits
TOO HOT TO HAVE THE OUTSIDE LIFESTYLE

I know what you mean with repeats etc but it is still better than terestrial. but I am a big news fan, It is one thing I watch daily no matter what, I also enjoy the docs and It's a great selling point for a backpackers to have foxtel.
I'm gonna be glad we have it when winter kicks in.

Kala
Old Dec 4th 2004, 6:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I love it for the UKTV stuff, and some of the Lifestyle channel stuff. When it comes to Geographic and Discovery though, they do show things over and over again. Some documentaries the Bloke is watching I have seen twice before since I came here! Do Aussies have short memories or something?
Old Dec 4th 2004, 6:56 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Dont think I would sign up for 24 months! Many here will tell you after 6 months you have basically seen everything at least 3 times, it just keeps recycling the same old shows over and over again. Even the shows with 'new episodes' are years out of date. Was great for the news but thats about it, besides what are you all doing watching TV? Your new outdoor lifestyle awaits
Basically I want Foxtel for the football! As keen as I am to get on with my new life in the Antipodes there are two things from home that I just can't do without - Real beer and the Premier League.

Mind you if Arsenal carry on in their current vein of form I might yet be cured of the football.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 8:35 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

You don`t have to sign up for 24 months.
We didn`t. We just paid $20 installation fee instead of being free which is nothing compared to the cost of a years rental.
Loads of Live premier games to watch and repeated the days after too in case you missed them,
Daz
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

i just have to say i am one of these sad people who love foxtel, the variety is great and i am never short of programmes to watch

i do have another life where i work and go to the beach as well so not that sad

arlene
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:44 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally Posted by leannefr
Loads of Live premier games to watch
Exactly why I have a crate of beer and a late night planned for tonight...Come on the toon.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:52 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mutant
Exactly why I have a crate of beer and a late night planned for tonight...Come on the toon.
I'm with ya there mutant

Cable versus dish all depends where you live for example some of Perth has been laid with cable so that saves the dish being erected.

Foxtel is a must BTW tv is crap out here, it costs between 50 and 100 bucks a month depending on the package and at the mo it's free instalation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.