Foxtel

Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Foxtel

We have just ordered Foxtel, I see on UK.tv that Eastenders and Coronation street are repeated during the day, Is it the same episode or does it change. Also how far behind are they? Hopefully not as far behind as access 31!!!
Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:36 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hiya yve!

we got it installed just over a week ago and I have only watched one episode....ashley peacock's wife...doh...cant remember name...well she isnt dead yet!
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:04 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the only reason you get Foxtel was to watch the news. The Naked News. Well thats why I got it.

Shhhhhh dont tell her.

Siren's b/h
Old Jul 17th 2004, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel

Originally posted by abergas
We have just ordered Foxtel, I see on UK.tv that Eastenders and Coronation street are repeated during the day, Is it the same episode or does it change. Also how far behind are they? Hopefully not as far behind as access 31!!!
As far as I know the episodes change every 24 hours, with the new ones on in the evening. So the episode you see tonight, will be on again the next day.

I don't watch Eastenders or Coronation Street - but I did catch about five minutes of Eastenders the other day. It looked like Phil (?) had just discovered that a baby he thought was his, was someone elses? Doesn't mean much to me - but it might mean something to you!
Old Jul 17th 2004, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Be under no illusion, the soaps shown on Foxtel are well behind the times......so my wife tells me. They are not current.

My wife got so fed up that she now only watches the Australian dramas (All Saints, Home & Away) and you don't really need FOXTEL for those. FOXTEL is good for kids channels, soccer and the odd lifestyle programme. Movies are no different than what was on SKY. You're better off getting the latest DVD from Blockbuster and EasyDVD as the socalled Box office movies shown have been out in rental for at least 6 months. These stores have cheap nights where a movie only costs a couple of dollars (under £1).
One good thing about Foxtel is that you can get cable broadband which is faster and slightly cheaper than ASDL.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sharpy67
Be under no illusion, the soaps shown on Foxtel are well behind the times......so my wife tells me. They are not current.

My wife got so fed up that she now only watches the Australian dramas (All Saints, Home & Away) and you don't really need FOXTEL for those. FOXTEL is good for kids channels, soccer and the odd lifestyle programme. Movies are no different than what was on SKY. You're better off getting the latest DVD from Blockbuster and EasyDVD as the socalled Box office movies shown have been out in rental for at least 6 months. These stores have cheap nights where a movie only costs a couple of dollars (under £1).
One good thing about Foxtel is that you can get cable broadband which is faster and slightly cheaper than ASDL.

Corrie 2/3 weeks ago Gail was marrying richard. Just cancelled our subscription, had it for over a year and most shows had been re run several times, and the episodes are very old like 90,s stuff.
It was great for BBC news but ended up thats all we used it for so now its gone. Think the basic package was $59 a month.
We've just found a video store that has $1 nights, its on tuesday tho but even new release DVD's.

Edit forgot to answer the first posters question Corrie was a different epsiode in the evening, then that episode played twice the next day.

Last edited by jad n rich; Jul 17th 2004 at 6:22 am.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

In Coronation St Richard has killed his first wife and is now trying to make Audrey think she's going senile.

In Eastenders Phil has just found out Louise is he's baby and Zoe has returned from when she went running away after finding out Kat was her mum. I know i'm sad but i still watch them.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

cant wait to move into our new house to get foxtel

telly is dire over here, we were well and truly spoilt in england but the benefits of living out here more than outway the crappy tv

arlene