British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Found this website - emigrating to OZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/found-website-emigrating-oz-226046/)

Pheobe Apr 22nd 2004 6:37 am

Found this website - emigrating to OZ

For any one out there thinking of emigrating, found this website - good to see someone elses journey from start to 6 months after arrival. Sounds like they are enjoying it even after all the hiccups.

Pheobe Apr 22nd 2004 6:38 am

Re: Found this website - emigrating to OZ

Originally posted by Pheobe
For any one out there thinking of emigrating, found this website - good to see someone elses journey from start to 6 months after arrival. Sounds like they are enjoying it even after all the hiccups.
Silly me forgot to put the site details in
www.sindymcc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Bordy Apr 22nd 2004 6:49 am

Silly me forgot to put the site details in
www.sindymcc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Your not the Pheobe from "Friends" :D

Pheobe Apr 22nd 2004 6:52 am

Originally posted by Bordy
Your not the Pheobe from "Friends" :D
No, actually its my dog's name (as in the picture) my name had already been used on the forum before. So tried Pheobe and got registered.

Billabong Apr 22nd 2004 7:02 am

Did you see how much they have spent?

Bloody hell:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WE haven't spent anywhere near that and we used an agent as well.

walaj Apr 22nd 2004 7:43 am

She actual posts on here, but has not posted in the last month.:D

pukka pom Apr 22nd 2004 8:43 am

Originally posted by Billabong
Did you see how much they have spent?

Bloody hell:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WE haven't spent anywhere near that and we used an agent as well.

Blimey - did the agent rip her off ??? She has spent a fortune, we've just submitted our application and its cost us in the region of a couple of grand, including agent fees.

Sally

kevin reeve Apr 22nd 2004 8:56 am

i really enjoyed sindys story,

steve-n-jo Apr 22nd 2004 11:03 am

Love to know who their agent was, boy were they shafted. lovely Alan Collett doesn't charge anything like that, well hope not anyway:D :D :D

Great Story though. As we are heading to Adelaide, the info was really useful and great to read they love it, despite the problems

Jo

Sindy Apr 23rd 2004 7:44 am

Hi all, thanks for all the kind comments.

The agent we used was the Migration Bureau and yes, we felt that we were well and truly ripped off :mad:

When we first signed up we did not realise how high their charges were compared to others, we were just glad to have someone who would give us the best chance of getting it right first time. Hubby was at an age that meant we would only be able to have one shot at this.

As I update my web page I will be warning people that there are agents out there that are kinder to the pocket.

I would like to say that the Migration Bureau were very good and thorough, but you do have to pay for each time they flush the toilet and blow there nose! ;) :D

For the record we have now been in Adelaide for eight months and still feel that it is Brill, brill, brill :D :D

Good luck to everyone with their applications

Sindy
Sindy's web site

arnie2oz Apr 23rd 2004 7:52 am

Hi Sindy

Thanks for posting your update

Looking forward to reading the updated website ..................if you get a chance between enjoying yourself!!!!!

(Envy, Envy)

Graham

kevin reeve Apr 27th 2004 6:54 am

hi & g'day .

hi debs here, wife of kevin.
we finally arrived in oz oct 2003, after almost 3yrs from start to finish, we also used the migration bureau in london think it cost us almost 4 grand but i really think it was worth it . we have 2 boys almost 21 & 18 they are loving every min of it as we both are . we are in mountain creek near mooloolaba 1hr north of brisbane.
we were very lucky as we were chosen by the bbc [2] for the show 'get a new life' so we were filming for the last 3 weeks in englang then 3 monthes here . should be on english tv early may. also a feature in the tv times .
i read sindys story and i think most of us can relate to some of it , very good .
bye for now debs xx in sunny oz .

pukka pom Apr 27th 2004 7:18 am

Originally posted by Sindy
Hi all, thanks for all the kind comments.

The agent we used was the Migration Bureau and yes, we felt that we were well and truly ripped off :mad:

When we first signed up we did not realise how high their charges were compared to others, we were just glad to have someone who would give us the best chance of getting it right first time. Hubby was at an age that meant we would only be able to have one shot at this.

As I update my web page I will be warning people that there are agents out there that are kinder to the pocket.

I would like to say that the Migration Bureau were very good and thorough, but you do have to pay for each time they flush the toilet and blow there nose! ;) :D

For the record we have now been in Adelaide for eight months and still feel that it is Brill, brill, brill :D :D

Good luck to everyone with their applications

Sindy
Sindy's web site

Sindy, have to say - really enjoyed reading your website, really good stuff - would like to see more real-life stories like yours.

Good luck for the future - Sally

pukka pom Apr 27th 2004 7:20 am

Re: hi & g'day .

Originally posted by kevin reeve
hi debs here, wife of kevin.
we finally arrived in oz oct 2003, after almost 3yrs from start to finish, we also used the migration bureau in london think it cost us almost 4 grand but i really think it was worth it . we have 2 boys almost 21 & 18 they are loving every min of it as we both are . we are in mountain creek near mooloolaba 1hr north of brisbane.
we were very lucky as we were chosen by the bbc [2] for the show 'get a new life' so we were filming for the last 3 weeks in englang then 3 monthes here . should be on english tv early may. also a feature in the tv times .
i read sindys story and i think most of us can relate to some of it , very good .
bye for now debs xx in sunny oz .
Debs, can't wait to see the programme!! I missed some similar to this earlier in the year. We are looking to live in or around Buderim, which is quite near you!

Sally

kevin reeve Apr 27th 2004 7:31 am

Re: hi & g'day .

cant belive you will be so close , i love buderim . how come you are going there do you have family in buderim.
dont know if you ever watch a place in the sun[ but if you can belive it ] but we did that in i think 2001 they took us to cairns it was first on tv 3 days b4 we left uk and have been told by frie
nds/family that its been on again at xmas. we were so luckly. we have friends in brisbane so that why we chose further down from cairns
hubbys home now so catch up later xx debs xx