Found Marmite.

Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:15 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Found Marmite.

After looking in all the sodding supermarkets I find the stuff in the shop down the road (DOH!). Still no 'proper' mint sauce tho .
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:16 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found Marmite.

Originally posted by chippy
After looking in all the sodding supermarkets I find the stuff in the shop down the road (DOH!). Still no 'proper' mint sauce tho .

Why would you want Marmite, the evil cousin of the delectable Vegemite?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:21 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by bundy
Why would you want Marmite, the evil cousin of the delectable Vegemite?
Opened up some vegemite in the supermarket and gave it a try.

A cousin it may be, but a very poor cousin (yuk). I am told it is made from putrefied click beetles, no?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hubby brought me back a huge jar of proper Marmite along with my 2 tubs of Bisto, now I will be happy for the next 6 months! The marmite out here is not the same as the Uk stuff.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:43 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

After looking in all the sodding supermarkets I find the stuff in the shop down the road (DOH!).
What, the only, the most wonderful, the real McCoy? Woo-hooooooo!!! Bet it's f***ing expensive though! (And not much use for Melbourne-bound me, unless that shop's one of a chain.)

(Take no notice of that bundy's preference. She's obviously been corrupted by those naughty Nundlites!)
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:44 am
Class 2 Guru

Opened up some vegemite in the supermarket and gave it a try.
Er, you didn't really did you? Remind me not to go anywhere near any of your supermarkets. Don't want second-hand dipped-into foods thank you very much!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:46 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
What, the only, the most wonderful, the real McCoy? Woo-hooooooo!!! Bet it's f***ing expensive though! (And not much use for Melbourne-bound me, unless that shop's one of a chain.)

(Take no notice of that bundy's preference. She's obviously been corrupted by those naughty Nundlites!)

Before discovering Vegemite, I quite liked Marmite. Now I find it ridiculously acidic and only good with lettuce Otherwise it's Vegemite all the way. It's also good for putting in soups and stocks (better than Marmite in that respect too)
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:50 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you found the proper marmite or the ausie version (the one in the plastic tub with a red label????) cant stand the stuff myself but daughter and husband are quite addicted and they say the ausie version just isnt the real deal???
We've used 3 large jars that we bought with us, was planning to stock up in the uk next week but if i can get it here there'll be room for another pair of shoes or two!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:57 am
I'm lovin' it

Let me assure you all....

This marmite is the real mcCoy. Rounded glass jar, the lot. Not the aussie version. $11 for the big tub.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:59 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Er, you didn't really did you? Remind me not to go anywhere near any of your supermarkets. Don't want second-hand dipped-into foods thank you very much!
What you've got to bear in mind here is that I'm pure riff-raff.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:01 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me assure you all....

This marmite is the real mcCoy. Rounded glass jar, the lot. Not the aussie version. $11 for the big tub.

.....dont keep me in suspense chippy....where can i get it?????
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:20 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by mcmercer
.....dont keep me in suspense chippy....where can i get it?????

Kenmore plaza shopping center. (Moggil Rd.) A butcher's just across from Woolworths. Got marmite at the front of the shop.

It's a bunch of shops, Mcdonalds and a pub etc, not a massive shopping complex. It's got a big car park.

Remember Kenmore plaza, not to be confused with Kenmore shopping village which is just up the road.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:29 am
Class 2 Guru

Kenmore plaza shopping center. (Moggil Rd.) A butcher's just across from Woolworths. Got marmite at the front of the shop.
I foresee a stampede... well a minor one at least. Hmm, how much to get one to Melbourne, I wonder?

BTW did you ask why they have it? There must be a specific reason, like maybe it's owned by a Brit?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:30 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by bundy
Before discovering Vegemite, I quite liked Marmite. Now I find it ridiculously acidic and only good with lettuce Otherwise it's Vegemite all the way. It's also good for putting in soups and stocks (better than Marmite in that respect too)
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! (I think we had better take this over to the second-longest-running thread ever.)
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Might have posted this before but :-

The reason it tastes different is that Marmite ( both versions) are made as a by-product of beer / ale, so UK marmite from nice dark bitter tastes different to OZ Marmite, from blond ales.

Marmite name in OZ/NZ is Aussie ( or NZ ) version. Genuine 'UK Marmite' - in NZ anyway goes by name of My Mate ( remember the ad ) according to my daughter.

They have a toll of at least one large jar of genuine UK Marmite from all visitors from home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.