Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Found It... British Curry In Perth!!!

Found It... British Curry In Perth!!!

Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:50 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found It... British Curry In Perth!!!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Thank f**k I don't live in the Northern suburbs. It's my idea of a living hell.
Hey, don't tar us all with the same brush please and, what he says about the 5 Rivers is his opinion, certainly not that of afew others who have posted on here.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:43 am
toon army

tone73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Hey, don't tar us all with the same brush please and, what he says about the 5 Rivers is his opinion, certainly not that of afew others who have posted on here.
thank you ?????????? sorry you are having bad week ,,,,,,, \ life but thats ur opinion
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:53 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tone73
thank you ?????????? sorry you are having bad week ,,,,,,, \ life but thats ur opinion
Yes, exactly...and that's what I was getting trying to get across to Amazulu. I wasn't getting at you so don't get so rattled.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Had a takeaway last night from the Shehnai in Ocean Reef and it was as bad as I remembered.

Beef Madras was just beef stew with pepper sauce. Hot yes but not spicy or tasty. Meat was good though.

Hubby had butter chicken. Sauce was good but where was the chicken?

This IS a subjective thread though.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=sj oldfield;4337231]
Originally Posted by mish & al
With all the good reports we popped down to the 5 Rivers on Sat night!
Sounds like we were amongst fellow BE members!!

Yep we were down there Saturday night. Thats me, Mrsperthforme and her mum...........and Mia, mrsperthformes 3 month baby.
Sat outside as it was a bit hot inside!
No way... i was the one chatting to you with my mum!
We sat on the table outside beside you guys!!
Never thought to ask you if you were a BE member!!
It is a.... very very small BE world!!

....and now...Come to think of it... i did see a really Hot guy inside too.. that must have been you steve!! ha ha ha!!

Mish x x x
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Had a takeaway last night from the Shehnai in Ocean Reef and it was as bad as I remembered.

Never been but this made me laugh!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:03 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

Beef Madras was just beef stew with pepper sauce. Hot yes but not spicy or tasty. Meat was good though.

Hubby had butter chicken. Sauce was good but where was the chicken?

This IS a subjective thread though.
That's a shame, but as I've said before, each to their own. They don't seem to put much meat in any of the Indian dishes we've had from other restaurants either. I think they are all a waste of money so far, but we do like the Kashmiri & the butter chicken down at the Shehnai. His pilau rice looks as though he's wiped it through ashes, it's grey!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I was the hot looking guy[/QUOTE]

Didnt see any hot looking guys there!!!

I was sitting outside, tall blond.........lookn a bit like Kate Moss
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=mish & al;4340825][QUOTE=sj oldfield;4337231]

No way... i was the one chatting to you with my mum!
We sat on the table outside beside you guys!!
Never thought to ask you if you were a BE member!!
It is a.... very very small BE world!!

....and now...Come to think of it... i did see a really Hot guy inside too.. that must have been you steve!! ha ha ha!!

What a bloody small world..............I was the one having a sneaky ciggy!!!! Mrsperthforme was the one with the baby, that had half her bum hanging out her pants!!!! Sorry Becks!!!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
The point I was trying to make is that there is an English curry house next to an English pub in an English enclave (aka Northern suburbs) on the West coast of Australia. What next? An English greasy spoon? an English offie selling 2 litre bottles of cider? Groups of bored, stoned, hooded teenagers hanging around the street corner?

Why bother coming all the way to Australia? Most of these Poms should have gone to the Costa del Sol instead. It's a lot cheaper, closer to their homeland, you don't need to assimilate there either and the sun shines. No wonder a lot of Aussies see most Poms as outsiders.

That's why I hate the Pommy Legoland enclave that is the Northern Suburbs
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Groups of bored, stoned, hooded teenagers hanging around the street corner?
I went to pick Mr NB up from Joondalup Station earlier this evening as he had been to the cricket. I had to lock my car doors while waiting outside as there appeared to be a number of these hanging around and I felt quite uncomfortable.

I feel a bit like you about the newer suburbs up here and I wouldn't want to be much further north than where I am but I couldn't afford to live any closer to town and as nice as it is out your way I didn't want to be semi rural either. Another mans meat and all that.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I went to pick Mr NB up from Joondalup Station earlier this evening as he had been to the cricket. I had to lock my car doors while waiting outside as there appeared to be a number of these hanging around and I felt quite uncomfortable.

I feel a bit like you about the newer suburbs up here and I wouldn't want to be much further north than where I am but I couldn't afford to live any closer to town and as nice as it is out your way I didn't want to be semi rural either. Another mans meat and all that.
Sure NB. I hear you, but I find it a bit weird that Poms congregate in the N. suburbs. I have friends, a married couple from Middlesborough with no children, who rent a house in the N. Suburbs. I find this a bit strange. He is an engineering contractor, so is on the big candy, so money is not an issue. They both commute in to the city everyday, so that's a pain. They like to go out on weekends and have no kids. If I was them I would be renting in West Perth or Leederville or somewhere like that. I just find it strange that they live in a street that is 75% British.

The cricket was shit btw. England just want to go home now and probably will soon.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:28 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Sure NB. I hear you, but I find it a bit weird that Poms congregate in the N. suburbs. I have friends, a married couple from Middlesborough with no children, who rent a house in the N. Suburbs. I find this a bit strange. He is an engineering contractor, so is on the big candy, so money is not an issue. They both commute in to the city everyday, so that's a pain. They like to go out on weekends and have no kids. If I was them I would be renting in West Perth or Leederville or somewhere like that. I just find it strange that they live in a street that is 75% British.

The cricket was shit btw. England just want to go home now and probably will soon.
lf Paul and I didn't have kids we would without a doubt be in Subi or Freo. He said the cricket was pants and came home before the end, to top it all he took a Kiwi on his guest pass so as you can imagine got quite a bit of stick.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:46 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
lf Paul and I didn't have kids we would without a doubt be in Subi or Freo. He said the cricket was pants and came home before the end, to top it all he took a Kiwi on his guest pass so as you can imagine got quite a bit of stick.
My 14 year old son came home raving about it....he was disturbed about the fighting there though!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Ransi
My 14 year old son came home raving about it....he was disturbed about the fighting there though!
Being at the WACA is great, if I could have got a babysitter yesterday I would have been there, its one of my favourite places. Paul never mentioned the fighting, will ask him when he hauls his hairy ginger arse out of bed this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.