Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Found It... British Curry In Perth!!!

Found It... British Curry In Perth!!!

Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:47 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found It... British Curry In Perth!!!

Originally Posted by onlyfools3horses
Oh sorry, i should have read the previous posts, anyway im just going to go down to the 5 Rivers today, might pick up a takeaway or dine in.
Let us know your thoughts if you try it tonight. While you're waiting for your take away, you could have a quick one in the Moon & Sixpence.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

With all the good reports we popped down to the 5 Rivers on Sat night!
Sounds like we were amongst fellow BE members!!

We thought it was good, although nothing like what we used to... but we didn't expect it to be over the moon fantastic!!

The lamb was better than we've tasted since we've been here and the people were nothing but fantastic!

Might pop in there again for a take-away or a quick meal!!
Will have to try several others in the mean time... not been to a few of the ones that have been mentioned yet!!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:01 am
Just Joined

CiaoBella is an unknown quantity at this point

another very, very good indian, infact the best that i have had in perth is Kabalason, 43D Davidson Terrace, Joondalup...a thali (during lunch time only mon - sun) cost $10 and is fantastic, the decor is nothing to write home about but the food is awesome!!! byo too
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

She got talking to the owners and they said someone had been in and mentioned this thread! They were really pleased.

That might have been me!!!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=mish & al;4336847]With all the good reports we popped down to the 5 Rivers on Sat night!
Sounds like we were amongst fellow BE members!!

Yep we were down there Saturday night. Thats me, Mrsperthforme and her mum...........and Mia, mrsperthformes 3 month baby.
Sat outside as it was a bit hot inside!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

BYO no problem - no corkage.[/QUOTE]

Now I am sure I read it was $2 per head corkage???????????
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell it just shows you how subjective this all is.

The owners must be having a rollercoaster of an experience reading this thread - one minute it's like the second coming, next it's like dishwater!

I still say that for me it was by far and away the best curry I've had in Perth. I'm not a great balti eater so I wouldn't know the finer points but in terms of richness and thickness of sauce and real, Indian, garlicky taste, it won hands down over every other place we've been - (and we've been to Royal India, Cinnamon Club, The Cove, the Wembley one on cambridge street, Latasha's in Leederville and maya in Freo).

The pops were very disappointing and I did find it slightly expensive but we're going back next week and a second visit is more than I've done for Maya, Royal India, Cinnamon Club, and the Wembley one.

I wonder if I hit a good day and the next time it will be crap?

When I was reading this thread I saw the positive comments about the princess in Whitfords and I though "Right, we'll try that one next" then in the next post I read a poor review!

I don't know, I just don't know which way to turn!!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:38 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I had a Lamg Saag from there on the back of your recommendation.

It was SHOCKINGLY bad, absolutely terrible in fact. It reminded me of having the runs in a snot coloured kind of way & the meat content was ... errr ... non-existant.

The Princess of India in Whitfords or the Masala up Mindarie literally p*** all over it.

1/10 Must try a lot harder.
Shame you didn't like it, just shows how everyones taste differs, we have now had 2 takeaways and a meal inside and have not had anything resembling runs or snot! I have tried the Masala and Princess of India and not been impressed with either.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:35 pm
Retired-and enjoying life

onlyfools3horses is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Let us know your thoughts if you try it tonight. While you're waiting for your take away, you could have a quick one in the Moon & Sixpence.
The moon was fantastic. Very freindly and reminded me of England which, I think is the point. Went to The 5 Rivers after for a take away and it was fan-bloody-tastic realy fresh and tasty. The couple offred me fried or their tandoori baked popadums (they are not microwaved), of course I had a serve of each, they trew those in and I must say the popadums, both fried and baked were good.

We had lamb saag, Chicken Tikka Masala, balti chicken, rice and some Naan breads. What struck us most was the quality of the meats and the freshness of the ingredients (you can tell this is fresh). We have been to a lot of Indian restaurants in London and this one is as good if not better than most. The Balti kicked ass.

We will go back to The 5 Rivers again and again not for the decour but the food. After reading this tread I would encourage everyone to try for thyemselves and see if it is what you like and not what someone else likes. We almost didn't go because of the comments but now we are glad we did so that we could judge for ourselves.

Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:24 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
BYO no problem - no corkage.
Now I am sure I read it was $2 per head corkage???????????[/QUOTE]

Im sure I paid $2 a head for corkage, when I was sitting inside on Saturday night probably looking straight at you guys
I was the hot looking guy
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:26 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlyfools3horses
The moon was fantastic. Very freindly and reminded me of England which, I think is the point. Went to The 5 Rivers after for a take away and it was fan-bloody-tastic realy fresh and tasty. The couple offred me fried or their tandoori baked popadums (they are not microwaved), of course I had a serve of each, they trew those in and I must say the popadums, both fried and baked were good.

We had lamb saag, Chicken Tikka Masala, balti chicken, rice and some Naan breads. What struck us most was the quality of the meats and the freshness of the ingredients (you can tell this is fresh). We have been to a lot of Indian restaurants in London and this one is as good if not better than most. The Balti kicked ass.

We will go back to The 5 Rivers again and again not for the decour but the food. After reading this tread I would encourage everyone to try for thyemselves and see if it is what you like and not what someone else likes. We almost didn't go because of the comments but now we are glad we did so that we could judge for ourselves.

..and that's what it's all about isn't it. Glad you liked the Moon.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 2:13 am
toon army

tone73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ransi
My taste buds are orgasming over this breaking news...
for the most of us up in the northern suburbs a good indian spreads like wild fire, 5 rivers has been open for a while now and has a cult following now by most of the lads , all ways time for a pint in the moon and a indian on the way home, sorry if you live south of the river, your missing out
Old Jan 30th 2007, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Whats the Korma like not had a good one in 8 years.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 4:05 am
toon army

tone73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shade8
Whats the Korma like not had a good one in 8 years.
Theres not a bad dish on the menu, all fresh beef / chicken, with all the trimins to go with every dish, we all swear by it. most of the moons regular are there twice a week, and we have getten quite a few aussie along the way in to the curry way.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 4:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank f**k I don't live in the Northern suburbs. It's my idea of a living hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.