Fostering

Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:42 am
Just Joined

reddoor73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fostering

Hi we are looking at moving to Melbourne when my hubby finishes uni in two years, I would love to become a foster carer in the future and was wondering if there was anyone on this site that has been through the process?? I started the process here in the UK but got turned down as our house wasnt suitable so am thinking what it is like in Australia whether the process is similar lots of interviews, courses etc which normally takes around 6-8 months to become registered, also how much support there is once you are registered. Thank you I know it isnt a common question but there maybe someone out there that knows Thanks again x
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fostering

Originally Posted by reddoor73
Hi we are looking at moving to Melbourne when my hubby finishes uni in two years, I would love to become a foster carer in the future and was wondering if there was anyone on this site that has been through the process?? I started the process here in the UK but got turned down as our house wasnt suitable so am thinking what it is like in Australia whether the process is similar lots of interviews, courses etc which normally takes around 6-8 months to become registered, also how much support there is once you are registered. Thank you I know it isnt a common question but there maybe someone out there that knows Thanks again x
Why have you posted this 3 times?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:46 am
Just Joined

sorry my computer froze up and i thought it had deleted the original thread I checked on the forum page and it wasnt there so I wrote it again then saw it had posted it 3 times am trying to work out how to delete 2 of them bare with me Im new at this...
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Why have you posted this 3 times?
sorry my computer froze up and i thought it had deleted the original thread I checked on the forum page and it wasnt there so I wrote it again then saw it had posted it 3 times am trying to work out how to delete 2 of them bare with me Im new at this...

No worries. I have deleted the other two threads for you.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Ah thank you I got lost trying...
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Ah thank you I got lost trying...

You're welcome. Hope you get some answers to your post.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't remember seeing it mentioned for a while, but there is an old thread here that might have some info

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671177
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:02 am
Just Joined

thank you ill sit down later with a cuppa and have a good read