Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

forwarding post - when you've gone

forwarding post - when you've gone

Old May 7th 2003, 7:50 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Talking forwarding post - when you've gone

Does anyone know the costs and procedure for forwarding post from old address to new place or P.O. box in australia

OR

the costs to forward p[ost from old UK address to relation who will vet rubbish out before sending or e-mailing contents to you in australia.

and

How long is the Post Office contract usually.?
Old May 7th 2003, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: forwarding post - when you've gone

Originally posted by yafm
Does anyone know the costs and procedure for forwarding post from old address to new place or P.O. box in australia

OR

the costs to forward p[ost from old UK address to relation who will vet rubbish out before sending or e-mailing contents to you in australia.

and

Go to the Post Office and pick up a form.
Old May 7th 2003, 8:12 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

I don't know about posting it to Oz sorry but getting it redirected in the UK is really easy. We did it on line -
http://www.access.royalmail.com/dda/...oving_home.htm

You can do it for up to 2 years! They keep sending you a renewal form so it's pretty simple. Costs are on the website.

Hope this helps.

Emma.
Old May 7th 2003, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice
Default Re: forwarding post - when you've gone

Originally posted by yafm

OR

and

Hi Yvonne,

I picked up a leaflet the other day and it lists all the charges for redirection to either a new UK address or overseas.

The rates for redirection to any overseas address via airmail are as follows: 1 month is £12.60, 3 months is £27.30, 6 months is £42.00 and 12 months is £63. These rates are per surname at the same address so if you have 2 different ones you will have to pay double. However, I didn't think this was too bad.

Or it is UK£31.50 for 12 months redirection to a UK address and obviously less for 1, 3 and 6 months.

Hope you had a nice trip. We must have that coffee soon - we're probably moving out of the house in a few weeks time - eek!!!

Regards
Julie
Old May 7th 2003, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

A very helpful post.
I can't believe it is that cheap what a bargain £63 for a year, do they realise how much mail we get?!
Old May 7th 2003, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe it is that cheap what a bargain £63 for a year, do they realise how much mail we get?!

Its cheap if you have only one surname. ! £126 for us.

The way we are doing it is to have a PO Box which is approx £50 a year (or £100 if you want a re direct on it. They will not re-direct internationally) I am re-directing to parents and they will vet it and discard the junk.

The beauty of it is, we save £26 and we will inform all those people who we want to have post from, ie bank etc. and it will all go to PO BOX, for all the other stuff I am going to leave a load of printed labels with "not at this address" for new house owners.

That should make sure no junk follows me.
Old May 7th 2003, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any way of taking your name off the computer that sends all the junk mail - does that make sense? Like all those credit card and loan application forms that get sent. How do they get your name in the first place?

Just wondering.

Pott.
Old May 7th 2003, 9:16 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by pott
Is there any way of taking your name off the computer that sends all the junk mail - does that make sense? Like all those credit card and loan application forms that get sent. How do they get your name in the first place?

Just wondering.

Pott.

My friendly postman did tell me that there is a telephone number the Post Office give you where you can ask to be taken off ALL junk mail lists. It takes about 3 months to finally action it. I lost the tel no. but I have been sending back all junk mail coming for the last few weeks with 'moved gone away and return to sender' written on the en velopes and the amount og junk mail has decreased quite noticeably.
I did not want too much post to be redirected to me at a heavy cost later.