Forum Rookies

Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forum Rookies

Hello one and all. We are Scott and Berni and we have just been granted our residents visa's for Oz. The long wait has been well worth it. So now we find ourselves in the position of not knowing enough and having little time to find out. If any of our fellow forumettes can offer any advice/help/tips on such things as opening bank accounts/getting work in Engineering and Human Resources/renting property, etc, etc we would be more than grateful.
Cheers
Scott & Berni
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Rookies

Originally posted by Scott&Berni
Hello one and all. We are Scott and Berni and we have just been granted our residents visa's for Oz. The long wait has been well worth it. So now we find ourselves in the position of not knowing enough and having little time to find out. If any of our fellow forumettes can offer any advice/help/tips on such things as opening bank accounts/getting work in Engineering and Human Resources/renting property, etc, etc we would be more than grateful.
Cheers
Scott & Berni
Welcome to the mad house!
easy thing to do is type in the relevant word in the search box, ie. opening bank accounts and it will bring up various different threads!
hope this helps and enjoy your time here
best of luck
rach & family
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:26 pm
WBB

congratulations on the visa's i bet it's been a long and painful road...or is that just me.

anyway as regards your questions i suggest using the search facility on this site, there is a wealth of knowledge in the archives, it is a little gold mine.

where about in oz you headed, what type of visa have you got?

Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by welshboybilly
congratulations on the visa's i bet it's been a long and painful road...or is that just me.

anyway as regards your questions i suggest using the search facility on this site, there is a wealth of knowledge in the archives, it is a little gold mine.

where about in oz you headed, what type of visa have you got?
Thanks for the tip. As far as location goes we don't really know yet. To be honest we are so pleased to be accepted that location is not a priority. Initial thoughts are to head for Sydney and see what happens. We have a Skilled Independent visa.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:40 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

nice to see someone on this site already has the pr most of us are going stir crazy waiting for adelaide to decide yes/no.
good luck for the future

mark
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum.
Just post your subject and you can browse other threads with the same questions, although they are coming up all the time, so just check in regularly and browse.
Good luck

Whisky
Old Sep 15th 2003, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, welcome to the forum. It'll be good to hear from a few more who already have their visa's! When did you apply and how long did it take to come through?

Best wishes, Leigh.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hiya, welcome to the forum. It'll be good to hear from a few more who already have their visa's! When did you apply and how long did it take to come through?

Best wishes, Leigh.

Hi

We applied for Skilled Indepndent in Nov 02 and got the visa last week!!!!!!!!. A few people seem to be using agents but we followed it through ourselves and saved quite a bit. What stage are you at??
Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Scott&Berni
Hi

We applied for Skilled Indepndent in Nov 02 and got the visa last week!!!!!!!!. A few people seem to be using agents but we followed it through ourselves and saved quite a bit. What stage are you at??

Hi Scott and Berni

We are at the " waiting to hear from the TRA for hubby's skills assessment" stage! I know - we've got a long way to go yet! We've gone with an agent (OE Visas), purely to take the hassle out it for us and so far things have been o.k. You waited 10 mths for your visa? That's not too bad really is it? There's some folk on here who've been waiting 18 mths! Hope we won't be one of those, but what will be will be. I'm really glad that I found this site as there are some really hilarious postings on it and some really informative ones too. It's nice to get idea's and reactions from others who are going through the same thing as yourselves.The only bad thing being that I am now a bit addicted to the site and have to have my daily fix!

Good luck to you both - when do you take the big leap?:scared:

Best wishes, Leigh.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hi Scott and Berni

We are at the " waiting to hear from the TRA for hubby's skills assessment" stage! I know - we've got a long way to go yet! We've gone with an agent (OE Visas), purely to take the hassle out it for us and so far things have been o.k. You waited 10 mths for your visa? That's not too bad really is it? There's some folk on here who've been waiting 18 mths! Hope we won't be one of those, but what will be will be. I'm really glad that I found this site as there are some really hilarious postings on it and some really informative ones too. It's nice to get idea's and reactions from others who are going through the same thing as yourselves.The only bad thing being that I am now a bit addicted to the site and have to have my daily fix!

Good luck to you both - when do you take the big leap?:scared:

Best wishes, Leigh.
Hi, Thanks for the good wishes

We are planning for Mid March. Depends on the house and car sales. 10 months we thought was an age but like you say when you look at how long some people waited!!!We were pretty on the ball and followed up all requests as quick as poss.

We are hoping to go to sydney first and then see where we fancy from there. House prices seem so high in Sydney so maybe we will have to look in the suburbs. Main task is to organise interviews for our visit to validate our visas in December.