Forum postings

Old Jan 30th 2005, 3:52 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Forum postings

Is there any way of returning TO THE PAGE OF POSTINGS when you post a reply?

I have my options set to go back to the listings but it always takes me back to P1, not the page I strted from! Then, if I can't remember the correct page, I have to trawl.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Forum postings

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Is there any way of returning TO THE PAGE OF POSTINGS when you post a reply?

I have my options set to go back to the listings but it always takes me back to P1, not the page I strted from! Then, if I can't remember the correct page, I have to trawl.
I just hit 'back' on my browser a couple of times, does the same thing
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:49 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rog Williams]Is there any way of returning TO THE PAGE OF POSTINGS when you post a reply?

Hit back on your browser a couple of times then refresh to update where you posted reply
Marie
Old Jan 30th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Try clicking on the little down arrow to the right of the back browse arrow (top left of the screen), and click on British Expat Forum - Australia. Saves having to go back, then back, then back etc. If your connection is a little slower it's a bit of a time saver.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:32 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's the way I have to do it - but it didn't used to be like that! Until a few months ago, after posting a reply, I was returned directly to the page of listings from which I started. Something has changed, and I don't know what! There is nothing apparent in the options which allows either reversion.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Yes, that's the way I have to do it - but it didn't used to be like that! Until a few months ago, after posting a reply, I was returned directly to the page of listings from which I started. Something has changed, and I don't know what! There is nothing apparent in the options which allows either reversion.
I'd like it to take you back to the thread you actually replied to, so you can see if any other posts have appeared since you began your reply. I am sure I miss some posts because of that.

Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:29 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I'd like it to take you back to the thread you actually replied to, so you can see if any other posts have appeared since you began your reply. I am sure I miss some posts because of that.
just testing something out!

Yep, as I thought - it does do that
I've just replied to your post and it took me back to the post, with my reply added.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:45 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mlbonner
just testing something out!

Yep, as I thought - it does do that
I've just replied to your post and it took me back to the post, with my reply added.
You made me check my options, and it says:

Redirect After Posting
After posting you can choose to be redirected to the main thread listing or to the actual post you just made.
[Show me the post I just made] or [Take me back to list of threads]

mine is ticked as [Show me the post I just made], but it doesn't, it takes me back to page 1 of the list of threads !!

I am sure it used to take me back to the post, but not sure how long ago that was....

Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:53 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

You made me check my options, and it says:

Redirect After Posting
After posting you can choose to be redirected to the main thread listing or to the actual post you just made.
[Show me the post I just made] or [Take me back to list of threads]

mine is ticked as [Show me the post I just made], but it doesn't, it takes me back to page 1 of the list of threads !!

I am sure it used to take me back to the post, but not sure how long ago that was....

Odd. Just checked mine and it is also ticked for 'show me post I just made', and it does.

Wonder how long it'll be till this post gets moved to site feedback
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:06 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Odd. Just checked mine and it is also ticked for 'show me post I just made', and it does.

It does seem a bit hit and miss. Have you tried the 'Hybrid' view option? It shows a tree at the top of the page that you can scroll through to find where you want to get back to.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:20 am
ABCDiamond

I've now changed mine to [Take me back to list of threads].

I wonder where I will end up after I hit submit this time

Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:23 am
part-time Visa Angel!

I've now changed mine to [Take me back to list of threads].

I wonder where I will end up after I hit submit this time

I'm on the edge of my seat here.... do tell
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:28 am
ABCDiamond

I'm on the edge of my seat here.... do tell
Sorry it took so long to get back.............. ( I did consider saying i've just got back from Perth )

It did the same thing, doesn't matter which option I have ticked !!

Maybe it's because I use Mozilla instead of IE as my browser.

Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:29 am
ABCDiamond

Sorry it took so long to get back.............. ( I did consider saying i've just got back from Perth )

It did the same thing, doesn't matter which option I have ticked !!

Maybe it's because I use Mozilla instead of IE as my browser.
Hang on !!!!!

I changed it back again, before sending this post, and this time......

It took me back to my post!!

Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:31 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Hang on !!!!!

I changed it back again, before sending this post, and this time......

It took me back to my post!!

Wooooo-hoooooooooo!! Score

Perth would have been nice though, maybe next time???!