yes
95.00%
no
5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

A Forum for our children

Old Jan 17th 2003, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VOTE PLEASE:A Forum for our children

Who thinks it would be nice to have a forum for our children.

I think we should have a page for all the children for their questions about new schools,making friends, leaving family behind,e.t.c.

It was great to read about the childrens hopes and fears .

I have an 11 year old boy who don't want to go and will not even talk about moving to OZ and seems to think that he will be staying here with his granny !, and a 9 year old boy that want's to go.
So if I can get him on the computer and talk to other children that are also going to Australia he may then realise that he is not the only child ever to leave his family, friends, school e.t.c.
Sue

Last edited by sue5665; Jan 17th 2003 at 10:55 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, im 11, and weve been writing on kids view and its really nice to talk to other kids,anyway mom says ive got to go to bed now, goodnight luv lyndi

yes it would be good to have a forum for the kids, they have lots of views, jackie, (lyndis mom, she is definately going to bed now)
Old Jan 18th 2003, 10:05 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VOTE PLEASE:A Forum for our children

Sue,

I agree, with one caveat - it would HAVE to be a members forum, not accessible to usenet. There are a lot of wierdos and perverts out there, and a newsgroup flagged for kids might end up a target of that kind of scum. You would have to speak to the Administrator to look at the feasibility of this, but good luck if you decide to go ahead.

Cheers,
Paul.

Originally posted by sue5665
Who thinks it would be nice to have a forum for our children.

I think we should have a page for all the children for their questions about new schools,making friends, leaving family behind,e.t.c.

It was great to read about the childrens hopes and fears .

I have an 11 year old boy who don't want to go and will not even talk about moving to OZ and seems to think that he will be staying here with his granny !, and a 9 year old boy that want's to go.
So if I can get him on the computer and talk to other children that are also going to Australia he may then realise that he is not the only child ever to leave his family, friends, school e.t.c.
Sue
Old Jan 18th 2003, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Pread,
Yes I agree, parent's should always watch the kid's in any kind of chat room.
Sue
Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:11 pm
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, I think its a great idea for the kids to do that, my daughter read the kids views altho she is far to shy to srite herself - even via a pc!! but I found it very interesting to see what the kids thought, I know my daughter (9 at the time) was very upset at leaving her friends behind - mainly cos she is so shy, we have been here 9 months now - she has a couple of friends, but her best friend tells me she rarly speaks at school. - too shy!!

Maybe it even helps us parents to see what they think as well, lets us know how to deal with them better, BUT i agree - i worry about the pervs etc, altho i guess if the parents keep an eye on them - warn them of the dangers ect..

but on the whole - very good idea - esp if they end up with friends in the area/or maybe even the school that they are going too
Old Feb 5th 2003, 10:22 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I agree that a Kids forum would be an excellent idea. My daughter is 11yrs and I know that although she is looking forward to going it would help if she could talk to others in the same situation.

There was a thread started some time ago with the children contacting each other but I can't seem to find it again.

Does anyone know who we need to contact to see how viable this would be?

Steph
Old Feb 5th 2003, 10:25 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops, talk about slow...

just noticed that poll was taken and is now closed.

Can anyone update on decision? (or have I missed that one as well??)

Steph