Wikiposts

Fors & Againsts

Old Apr 15th 2003, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fors & Againsts

Originally posted by Anniexx
Hi all...I'm new here.Just discovered this site yesterday. I need some advice and this looks like the best place to get it.Ok,here goes.
We are thinking about moving to NZ within the next couple of years but haven't yet been.We are due to visit next january for a month to see if we like it enough to try for emigration.My parents visit yearly and 2 of my sisters have been and say it's 'the best place on earth' and they all want to move there.I am married with 2 daughters,1 is age 4 and the other is 3months.My husband is a carpenter by trade and has been in the business for 18yrs now.I would just like to hear opinions from someone different to my family who have been there and done it.Where is the best place to be for families like us and for work?My dad likes orewa and surrounding areas and they do sound nice but they are of a different age group to us.Would we like it there?
Also my sisters have 2dogs to get over there..how much does it cost for them to take them over?Ooohhhhhhh i have so many questions and would appreciate any advice i'm given,but this is a start.
Looking forward to hearing from you all..
Thanks in advance..
Anniexx
I rang the local Imm. branch in C'ch re your parents predicament. It would appear they have 2 options...
1: After you have had 3 years permanent residence in NZ you can sponsor them
2: They can invest $1,000,000 in NZ
According to them there are no other ways. I hope this is of some help.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

amy&matt is an unknown quantity at this point

we've been keenly looking at the nz threads as the better half is keen to cross the ditch into nz. & it is true, just as we start to learn about the experiences of expats there, muppetking often puts down what other people are saying. there's always a black sheep in every family
Old Apr 15th 2003, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by amy&matt
we've been keenly looking at the nz threads as the better half is keen to cross the ditch into nz. & it is true, just as we start to learn about the experiences of expats there, muppetking often puts down what other people are saying. there's always a black sheep in every family
I AM an expat you idiot and therefore entitled to have my say...get over yourselves!!

Last edited by muppetking; Apr 15th 2003 at 2:00 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

since when did it become a crime to express an opinion...this is a forum after all.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:35 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Anniexx is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to disagree with this post, sorry.Muppet was a great help answering some of my questions i fired at him last night.It's just that opinions are like assholes,we all have them
Thanx everyone for your info
Anniexx
Old Apr 16th 2003, 3:13 am
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaffa30
As for AndrewR, you obviously don't know the way muppetking acts on the NZ threads. Abusive private-messages, littered with four-letter words, he is the TROLL of the NZ threads. Anyone who is enjoying their life he trys to tear them to pieces.

From all the posts I've seen, he's simply expressing his opinion. He has the right to do that...simply because you disagree with him, doesn't make him a troll...