Wikiposts

Fors & Againsts

Old Apr 13th 2003, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fors & Againsts

Originally posted by Florida_03
Sorry, what I meant to say was that "NZ...can't even afford one fighter plane..." They have no Air Combat capability...

http://www.janes.com/aerospace/milit...0514_1_n.shtml

As for the statement that "NZ...therefore do not even have an Airforce" I stand by that. A few Orions, Hercs, Choppers and bib and bobs are not what I'd call an Airforce.:scared:
I think the funniest thing is that their emblem is a Kiwi!!
Old Apr 13th 2003, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Fors & Againsts

Originally posted by Florida_03
I live 45 kms North of Brisbane in Australia, have done so most of my life, with 3 years in NZ and short stints in the UK. All you say is true here too...I have grown to despise all Government in this country...

There is plenty of countryside all around me but no jobs...I can't afford to live close to where I work...the commute is only 50mins however...

Beaches are nice here but like everywhere the higher the population the worse they are. Climate, well strokes for folks...I personally hate the heat and humidity but have lived in it most of my life. A matter of acceptance I guess.

As for NZ it is a big step from the UK. You know they can't even afford one plane and therefore do not even have an Airforce...!!!

NZ is a pretty...but could you really live there..I mean REALLY live there...????
Well said Florida....... a reality check. Sorry to disagree with Paula but cost of living here is not as good as the UK. The pound goes further there than the dollar here. Travelling to Oz is not cheap.....we headed off to Sydney for a few days and it cost in the region of $2000. Now think about flights to the UK. Salaries/wages here are far lower than UK. As Florida points out it then becomes all about lifestyle (does that just mean a bigger house or newer car?) As regards education....spoke to 4 Kiwi teachers recently returned from work in the UK. They were shocked at the difference in standards and what is expected from kids. As they said, they were teaching maths in the UK to a level 2/3 years above what is accepted here. They too had gone there expecting to slag it all off, as is the way so often amongst teachers here, only to find that it compared more than favourably in several areas. By the way, winter in the South Island can be as bad as the UK believe me......and all that WITHOUT central heating!
Old Apr 13th 2003, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jaffa30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Muppetking obviously doesn't know the secrets of getting cheap air tickets to Sydney.

As for lifestyle. Read what other expats are saying about why they're leaving the UK...crime, over-crowding, traffic-jams, crap weather etc.

Paula said how they can afford a bigger house & car in NZ, yet you disagree. Hmmm you can't really disagree with facts muppetking.

You say you spoke to 4 Kiwi teachers...yeah right. Judging by the accuracy, or lack of, your previous posts, what's the bet you made that up as well. NZ is ranked 5th amongst OECD countries for academic performance.

Old Apr 13th 2003, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jaffa30
Muppetking obviously doesn't know the secrets of getting cheap air tickets to Sydney.

As for lifestyle. Read what other expats are saying about why they're leaving the UK...crime, over-crowding, traffic-jams, crap weather etc.

Paula said how they can afford a bigger house & car in NZ, yet you disagree. Hmmm you can't really disagree with facts muppetking.

You say you spoke to 4 Kiwi teachers...yeah right. Judging by the accuracy, or lack of, your previous posts, what's the bet you made that up as well. NZ is ranked 5th amongst OECD countries for academic performance.

Thanks for that valuable contribution.
Old Apr 13th 2003, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Jaffa30 is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried to limit the number of words with 3 syllables so you would have a better chance of understanding
Old Apr 13th 2003, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I tried to limit the number of words with 3 syllables so you would have a better chance of understanding
I appreciate it.
Old Apr 14th 2003, 2:59 am
Just Joined

RobbieMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Neither do I....do share please.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:59 am
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Or is it because in fact you do not know any words of three syllables or more?
Honestly, muppetking is expressing his opinion...and since he does in fact live in NZ, I assume he knows a fair bit more about it than you!
Coincidentally my sister recently moved to Auckland (at christmas)....and talking to her, much of what muppetking talks about is spot on...
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by AndrewR
Or is it because in fact you do not know any words of three syllables or more?
Honestly, muppetking is expressing his opinion...and since he does in fact live in NZ, I assume he knows a fair bit more about it than you!
Coincidentally my sister recently moved to Auckland (at christmas)....and talking to her, much of what muppetking talks about is spot on...
Jaffa is a Kiwi Andrew. He has never lived in the UK so is unable to make personally informed judgments about the pros and cons. By his own admission he has only ever lived in the North Island (never visited the South Island) and Sydney!His posting merely contradicted me or called me a liar. Charming! We are of course waiting to hear how to get cheap flights to Sydney. I went with my family, 4 of us, and stayed in a good hotel and ate out. Not too much to ask I think.

Last edited by muppetking; Apr 15th 2003 at 8:16 am.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Anniexx is an unknown quantity at this point

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyy..back to the subject in hand.Damned nice weather we're having at mo
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Anniexx
Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyy..back to the subject in hand.Damned nice weather we're having at mo
Sorry Annie....I think I had kept to the original point of the thread until......I was stalked:scared: Have you had any further thoughts yourself?
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Anniexx
Welcome to the message boards Annie, you will find that they almost always get taken over by these silly arguments that have nothing whatsoever to do with the original thread.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Stoney
Welcome to the message boards Annie, you will find that they almost always get taken over by these silly arguments that have nothing whatsoever to do with the original thread.
Quite right Stoney, that is a problem. But look back on this thread and see who started the spat and then wished to continue it! I expressed an opinion, heaven help, me on a public forum.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Anniexx is an unknown quantity at this point

Loads of thoughts muppet.Mainly about life over in NZ.My life is really torn about whether to go for immigration or not.One problem is my parents,they are over 70,although a very young acting 70 and also want to live over there for the rest of their time.They wish they had done it sooner.But how do we get them over there without having to wait another 3 yrs(so we can sponsor them) if we get over???????The mind boggles,really it does.My brain hurts

Anniexx
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by muppetking
Quite right Stoney, that is a problem. But look back on this thread and see who started the spat and then wished to continue it! I expressed an opinion, heaven help, me on a public forum.
Even though, I think you have wandered off a little from the airforce mistake, the trick on here muppet is to know when to shut up, otherwise you just become a bore heaven help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.