Reload this Page >

Formailities at the Airport

Formailities at the Airport

Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Tajay is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Formailities at the Airport

Hi All

We are leaving for our validation trip tomorrow ..Could someone guide me as to the formailities to be done at the airport..

Also, do we need to present our list of belongings for the customs that we woudl be bringing once we come permanently to australia.Just to get exemption from paying the custom duty.

And lastly please breif me about the rest that needs to be done in our validation trip for 10 days.

Cheers

Waiting for all your valuable suggestions
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:27 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default Re: Formailities at the Airport

Originally Posted by Tajay
Hi All

We are leaving for our validation trip tomorrow ..Could someone guide me as to the formailities to be done at the airport..

Also, do we need to present our list of belongings for the customs that we woudl be bringing once we come permanently to australia.Just to get exemption from paying the custom duty.

And lastly please breif me about the rest that needs to be done in our validation trip for 10 days.

Cheers

How bizzare!!!

I was just this minute, sat on the John, having my daily contemplation of life and was thinking this EXACT same thought!!!

Sorry I can't help with any advice but would be good to hear other's views!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

The 'formalities' are very informal - the customs lady just stamps your passport and... um...that's it - we very all excited and she looked at us as if we were crackers!

I had my picture took at the customs desk holding my newly stamped passport - I'm surprised she didn't send me back hom there and then!

Even now though when I think we'll never get there - I just have to look at that flimsy sticker in my passport and it makes me happy

On our (4 day) validation trip we:-
set up a bank account using our passports as ID
looked at areas to live in a woolly way
picked up an RAA driving rules handbook
and
um
drank some wine and pootled all over

All of it valuable!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:07 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Open a PO box so you have somewhere to redirect your mail.

Get your kids on the waiting list for some private schools.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:15 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Check up on information needed when applying for a Tax Form Number, and a medicare card!

....although I read somewhere that you can apply for a Tax Form Number online if you are a migrant!?? ...I feel another thread coming on!!.....
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GrantP
Check up on information needed when applying for a Tax Form Number, and a medicare card!

....although I read somewhere that you can apply for a Tax Form Number online if you are a migrant!?? ...I feel another thread coming on!!.....
you need to be resident in Au to apply for a TFN number online - i.e. you need to be physically living there I think.

Anyhow - it only takes a mere speck of time to arrange and come through - nothing compared to the length of time it has taken to get this far!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:36 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by Olive101
you need to be resident in Au to apply for a TFN number online - i.e. you need to be physically living there I think.

Anyhow - it only takes a mere speck of time to arrange and come through - nothing compared to the length of time it has taken to get this far!
...or a migrant with a resident visa!!?? ...I'm gonna start a thread!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Correct you do apply for your TFN online if your a migrant. We picked the forms up from the newsagent!!!!and on reading them this is what we were told to do as we do not need to provide proof of address etc. Ours were thorugh within 10 days so no need to panic. Just make sure you tell your bank this number otherwise they tax your money in the bank. Just happened to us.

JO
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:11 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i've been here four years and the bank still don't hjave my tfn. and that's the way i want it to stay. it means a nice sum at the end of the year when i put my tax return in and they refund all the excess that i've paid :-) :-)

Originally Posted by joho
Correct you do apply for your TFN online if your a migrant. We picked the forms up from the newsagent!!!!and on reading them this is what we were told to do as we do not need to provide proof of address etc. Ours were thorugh within 10 days so no need to panic. Just make sure you tell your bank this number otherwise they tax your money in the bank. Just happened to us.

JO
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tajay
Hi All

Cheers

The validation is all very informal - in fact pretty much like when you enter on a visitor visa - you are actually left wondering if it was done properly and whether you will be thrown out of the country next time you try to enter!!!

I was disappointed there was no band there to welcome me!!!

Still, it is all computerised so I don't suppose there is much to do

Greg, Michele and Bella
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean, I expected a special line just for us and an admiring look at my lovely visa, but heah. Did leave me feeling how will they know I'm here, but they know everywhere. Medicare, centrelink the lot.

Jo
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
I know what you mean, I expected a special line just for us and an admiring look at my lovely visa, but heah. Did leave me feeling how will they know I'm here, but they know everywhere. Medicare, centrelink the lot.
Jo
They certainly do. Which is the opposite of the UK - I couldn't belkieve no one wanted to scan my passport when we left Heathrow last year.

It's no wonder no one has the faintest idea about how many people are in the UK and how easy it is for illegals to claim all sorts of benefits.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:49 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth
They certainly do. Which is the opposite of the UK - I couldn't belkieve no one wanted to scan my passport when we left Heathrow last year.

It's no wonder no one has the faintest idea about how many people are in the UK and how easy it is for illegals to claim all sorts of benefits.
we just got asked if it was still raining outside!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:00 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

True story.....
The immigration bloke heard my accent & said,
"Aah, you're Scottish and you're here to stay? What team do you support, Rangers or Celtic?".

"Rangers" I said.

"Welcome to Australia" he said.

"Thanks mate" I said, & off I went.

Wonder what would have happened if I'd said, "Celtic"?
Would I have been thrown on the first plane back to Scotland??
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scossie
True story.....
The immigration bloke heard my accent & said,
"Aah, you're Scottish and you're here to stay? What team do you support, Rangers or Celtic?".

"Rangers" I said.

"Welcome to Australia" he said.

"Thanks mate" I said, & off I went.

Wonder what would have happened if I'd said, "Celtic"?
Would I have been thrown on the first plane back to Scotland??
Highly friggin likely!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.