Form 888

Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form 888

Hi

It is absolutely necessarry for the use of Form 888. My partner is the person sponsoring me under the de-facto visa and we have asked his family to use the plain white stat dec form. Will this be suffice?

Please help?

Natbat
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 888

Originally posted by Natbat
Hi

It is absolutely necessarry for the use of Form 888. My partner is the person sponsoring me under the de-facto visa and we have asked his family to use the plain white stat dec form. Will this be suffice?

Please help?

Natbat
There was some dicussion about this on the immigration forum the other day and others posted that they had lodged stat decs done on a plain form, not on 888. Didn't seem to harm them. I think the main thing is that proof of aussie citizenship is attached with contact details in case.

Personally, we're getting the Oz lot to do theirs on 888 to make it all above board.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:55 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Form 888 is for use by people making stat decs in Australia. It is not compulsory to use but provides a useful guide to what DIMIA are looking for. What matters is that the stat dec provided conforms to the statutory declarations law of the country the statement is being made in.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:59 pm
WBB

we had all ours (aussie and british) on form 888, but i'm sure it would not matter if you used plain paper.

Old Jan 14th 2004, 8:03 pm

Originally posted by welshboybilly
we had all ours (aussie and british) on form 888, but i'm sure it would not matter if you used plain paper.

Technically form 888 does not conform to English law in regards to stat decs. If DIMIA followed their own guidelines to the letter stat decs made in the UK on form 888 could be rejected.

There is a minor but still a different wording on English and Australian stat decs. Luckily DIMIA do not strictly follow their guidelines.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 8:08 pm

Bundy has the right idea

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=202508

Each page is supposed to be initialled by the declarer as well to strictly conform to legal standards.