Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Form 80 - Character Reference

Form 80 - Character Reference

Old May 21st 2006, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

MarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really nice
Red face Form 80 - Character Reference

Hi,

Can anybody help with the completion of this form.

You have to list Brothers or Sisters on the form and then at the end of the application there are some yes and no questions regarding Custodial sentances etc and it says for all people on the application. Does this mean just the people going to Australia on main visa application or does this include Brother's and Sisters as my brother has a history even though he is not going to Australia.
I am worried that my brother may affect our chances.

Many Thanks
Old May 21st 2006, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 80 - Character Reference

Originally Posted by MarkieB
Hi,

Can anybody help with the completion of this form.

You have to list Brothers or Sisters on the form and then at the end of the application there are some yes and no questions regarding Custodial sentances etc and it says for all people on the application. Does this mean just the people going to Australia on main visa application or does this include Brother's and Sisters as my brother has a history even though he is not going to Australia.
I am worried that my brother may affect our chances.

Many Thanks

It means all applicants that are migrating.
Old May 21st 2006, 10:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have never heard of anyone being rejected on grounds of relatives but I guess it must be possible.

Our agent advised us not to bother completing that form - apparently they rarely ask for it if you are UK born and bred.
Old May 21st 2006, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WendyC
It means all applicants that are migrating.
I am sure it doesn't mean that. It wants to know all of your siblings and parents and if they have emigrated/citizenship elsewhere. My wife had to complete this recently and it required all family irrelevant of where they live.
Old May 21st 2006, 12:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You have to fill in details of all the family - names, dates of birth etc in that part of the form, but when it asks about criminal records they are only interested in those migrating. They cannot request that you provide police checks for the family members, like siblings,that are not migrating. They need not know about anything your brother has done, and his actions will not affect your application.
the ket wording is whether "you or any other person included in this application" ...have a criminal conviction etc.
This only apploes to migrating family members. relax
Old May 21st 2006, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
I am sure it doesn't mean that. It wants to know all of your siblings and parents and if they have emigrated/citizenship elsewhere. My wife had to complete this recently and it required all family irrelevant of where they live.
I asked my agent when we did ours, I too thought it meant everyone and was worried as I haven't seen my half brother and sister for over 10 years. I haven't a clue if they have/had any convictions hence me asking. She told me it doesn't matter if they have any convictions or not as they are not migrating with us and if they were they woud have to declare their convictions on their own form 80.

But yes, it's not worded very well and is a bit misleading.
Old May 21st 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You have to fill in details of all the family - names, dates of birth etc in that part of the form, but when it asks about criminal records they are only interested in those migrating. They cannot request that you provide police checks for the family members, like siblings,that are not migrating. They need not know about anything your brother has done, and his actions will not affect your application.
the ket wording is whether "you or any other person included in this application" ...have a criminal conviction etc.
This only apploes to migrating family members. relax
Sorry I stand corrected. I just remember my wife having to phone her sister in NZ to find out when she got her citizenship and her other siblings details.