British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   form 80, character assement and form 1101 police chks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/form-80-character-assement-form-1101-police-chks-311016/)

lisas Jun 28th 2005 8:20 pm

form 80, character assement and form 1101 police chks

with the from 80,

personal particulars for character assessment, does my partner have to fill one in as well, as he is included on my application for independant skilled migration ( as my fiance). It asks for each person applying for a visa to fill the form in, but at the end of the form it asks for spouse details. is he classed as applying for a visa or is he just piggy backing on my application and one form 80 will be enough.

As well form 1101 for police chks, this appears to be for people living in oz or working holiday visa whom have lived there before, am i correct as i thought i saw this being needed to be sent with your application, we were in sydney for around 3 mths on a working holiday visa visa but then left to carry on traveling, do i need to fill this form in,

thx again, maybe over cautious lisa.

wmoore Jun 28th 2005 8:53 pm

Re: form 80, character assement and form 1101 police chks

I thought that was confusing too but yes, everyone on the application who is over 16 has to fill one in. We both filled in the spouse part too :D

Pollyana Jun 28th 2005 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by lisas

As well form 1101 for police chks, this appears to be for people living in oz or working holiday visa whom have lived there before, am i correct as i thought i saw this being needed to be sent with your application, we were in sydney for around 3 mths on a working holiday visa visa but then left to carry on traveling, do i need to fill this form in,

thx again, maybe over cautious lisa.

You need 1101 if you need an Aussie police check - and you ned one of those if you have spent 12 months or more in Australia. It does not have to be in one hit, but if your total time here adds up to 12 months then you need the check done.

hedgehog-girl Jun 28th 2005 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You need 1101 if you need an Aussie police check - and you ned one of those if you have spent 12 months or more in Australia. It does not have to be in one hit, but if your total time here adds up to 12 months then you need the check done.

This has changed...Me and my partner have only been in Australia for 5 months and we have had to fill form 1101 out this was confirmed both in writing and by telephone by DIMIA. DIMIA said that they are asking anyone who has been a temporary resident in Australia to fill one out whether it be a workinging holiday or business visa

Pollyana Jun 29th 2005 1:57 am

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
This has changed...Me and my partner have only been in Australia for 5 months and we have had to fill form 1101 out this was confirmed both in writing and by telephone by DIMIA. DIMIA said that they are asking anyone who has been a temporary resident in Australia to fill one out whether it be a workinging holiday or business visa

Thanks, thats worth knowing. Certainly not common knowledge on the forum yet, as presumably it'll affect everyone going from Prospective Spouse to Spouse visas too