form 47sk

Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default form 47sk

question, on the form 47sk, it asks for marital status, i am applying for skilled 136.

the two which i have a question about is, engaged or in a de facto relationship. we have recently got engaged, after living together for three years and being in a relationship for 15yrs, now that we are engaged do we still have to give the same evidence as being in a de facto relationship when askd for evidence of a lasting and commited relationship? what difference is a de facto relatinship to being engaged, with respect to the visa process.

Just wanna make sure that i am dong this right and my partner goes on the 47sk application with myself.

thx lisa
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:27 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: form 47sk

Originally Posted by lisas
question, on the form 47sk, it asks for marital status, i am applying for skilled 136.

the two which i have a question about is, engaged or in a de facto relationship. we have recently got engaged, after living together for three years and being in a relationship for 15yrs, now that we are engaged do we still have to give the same evidence as being in a de facto relationship when askd for evidence of a lasting and commited relationship? what difference is a de facto relatinship to being engaged, with respect to the visa process.

Just wanna make sure that i am dong this right and my partner goes on the 47sk application with myself.

thx lisa
Hi Lisa De facto is like the UK common law spouse , if you have lived together for three years then i would say you are de facto,
You will need to prove it with joint bank accounts , bills etc, holiday snaps, statements from people who know you as a couple, stuff to prove you live as a couple.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Hi Lisa...

A defacto relationship is were you have been with your boyfriend for more than 6 months and can prove this by producing documentation to back this up (confirmed in writing and by phone by DIMIA). If you are engaged and are not going to get married for say about another year or two you have to class yourselve as in a defacto relationship

This is what the booklet 6 says:-

Your spouse is the person with whom you live as husband and wife, either legally marriedor in a de facto relationship. If you are in a de facto relationship, you must include evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing, and you have a commitment to a shared life together

You can prove your relationship by getting certified copies of joint bank accounts, tenancy agreements, any letters that have been sent to you both, bills etc...

Hope this helps
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Hi Lisa De facto is like the UK common law spouse , if you have lived together for three years then i would say you are de facto,
You will need to prove it with joint bank accounts , bills etc, holiday snaps, statements from people who know you as a couple, stuff to prove you live as a couple.

DIMIA says that if a relationship has been going for 6 months as husband and wife then you can class it as a defacto relationship
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:19 am
Banned

Migration Agent is an unknown quantity at this point

hi lisa,

i think some other advice you have been given is incorrect.

you should provide documents etc to show that you have been livingtogether as advised.

showing 6 months worth is not sufficient.

i refer you to legislation;
subject to paragraph (e) and subregulation (2A), where either of them is an applicant for a permanent visa...the Minister is satisfied that, for the period of 12 months immediately preceding the date of application of the party relying on the existence of the relationship:

(i) they had a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others; and

(ii) the relationship between them was genuine and continuing; and

(iii) they had:

(A) been living together; or

(B) not been living separately and apart on a permanent basis;

provided you can address the same you should be OK.

you may consider using a professional migration agent.

and

thx lisa
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Migration Agent
hi lisa,

i think some other advice you have been given is incorrect.

you should provide documents etc to show that you have been livingtogether as advised.

showing 6 months worth is not sufficient.

i refer you to legislation;
subject to paragraph (e) and subregulation (2A), where either of them is an applicant for a permanent visa...the Minister is satisfied that, for the period of 12 months immediately preceding the date of application of the party relying on the existence of the relationship:

(i) they had a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others; and

(ii) the relationship between them was genuine and continuing; and

(iii) they had:

(A) been living together; or

(B) not been living separately and apart on a permanent basis;

provided you can address the same you should be OK.

you may consider using a professional migration agent.

and
Well this was information from DIMIA themselves by phone and by person when I phoned up. They said it had to be a minimum of 6 months together to be in a defacto relationship...but I guess they could have given it to me wrong, when we were in the UK getting stuff together for the 457 visa they said we had to be together for 12 months!..Kind of don't know what the right information sometimes!...You have a hard job! respect to you.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

thanks everyone, are houses in manly still rising.

lisa.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks everyone, are houses in manly still rising.

lisa.
If you are looking to buy then houses in Manly are hugely expensive....$750,000 plus...We can't even see a decent unit for less that $750,000 in Manly....booooo
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

thx for that info, r you enjoyig yourself over ther after 5 months?
what is the weather like at this time of year around sydney.