Form 47SK

Old May 22nd 2002, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

strewth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form 47SK

I have a few questions regarding the different information requested on the form:

1. Q.22 If you are applying from outside Australia: what is the value of money, goods and assetswhich you intend to bring to Australia?

What is the best way to approach this? Is there a minimum amount necessary to apply?

2. Letter from ACS - Must I send the original letter I got from the ACS or should I get a certified copy and keep the original myself?

3. Proof of recent work experience - will the reference from my current employer detailing my daily duties be sufficient for this?

4. I am an Irish citizen. Do I need to get a proof of English Language ability?

5.If your application is successful, how would you like to get your visa? Mail passport to Adelaide, Australia or attend nearest Australian Mission?

What is the advantage/disadvantage of either of these choices?
Old May 22nd 2002, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: Form 47SK

Hi Strewth

I think you've posted this thread in the wrong forum, you should post it in Migration to Australia & NZ. Although I'm Australian and have never filled in those forms, we did fill in a spouse visa application so I can help you with some of the answers:

1. I don't think there is a minimum amount here (although I could be wrong) I think they want to make sure you won't be leaving yourself short moneywise...you are not allowed to claim welfare for the first 2 years of you being in Oz, so I think they just want to make sure your not going to be living on the streets inside 6 months!!

2. I *think* I read that you should send the original of this, but please don't just take my word for it as I wouldn't want it to get lost and then you have to do it all over again.

3. don't know.

4. I think you'll be fine on this one, I think it's to check that people in none english speaking countries have a good grasp of the english language.

5. I think this will be easier to opt for your local mission, purely because the turnaround time will be faster once you get that all important PR grant letter!!

hope that helped a little bit...but please post again on the other forum as there are people going through this who can confirm/deny what I've just said.

love sophia x
Old May 22nd 2002, 6:21 pm
Raffi Balmanouk

Default Re: Form 47SK

in article [email protected], strewth at [email protected] wrote on
5/22/02 12:20 PM:

> I have a few questions regarding the different information requested on the form:
    >
    > 1. Q.22 If you are applying from outside Australia: what is the value of money,
    > goods and assetswhich you intend to bring to Australia?
    >
    > What is the best way to approach this? Is there a minimum amount necessary
    > to apply?

There's no established minimum, but naturally the more the better (from an Australian
perspective). Be realistic though as you are vouching for the truth of the contents.

> 3. Proof of recent work experience - will the reference from my current employer
    > detailing my daily duties be sufficient for this?

Generally.

>
    > 4. I am an Irish citizen. Do I need to get a proof of English Language ability?

I've wondered this myself. I would include a statutory declaration certifying that
you speak, were educated in, and conduct your daily business in English (if true).