Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Forgotten but not gone :S

Wikiposts

Forgotten but not gone :S

Old Jun 5th 2005, 1:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forgotten but not gone :S

There I was sunning myself on Coolangatta beach and it suddenly struck me.....where's the Proof Reader ?

In the evening I went to a lovely Italian restuarant and as I was supping a bottle of Merlot I thought....bet she wished she was here now.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:01 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Cool Re: Forgotten but not gone :S

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Glad things are going well PR. Don't get too settled, you may not want to go back.

Why if the sun is shining, am I so piggin cold!
Ha ha, moneypen! Like I'd really lurvvve to stay here forever in this "piggin' cold" country!! Hmmmm ... *wink*

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
just been up your neck of the woods for a long weekend..........bet it still feels cold doesnt it!!?

welcome back to good ol' blighty!

sue
Yep, Sue, it's "piggin'" cold! But thanks for the welcome back anyway! *grin*

Originally Posted by Merlot
Hi Proofreader

Still good to hear from you, keep us posted won't you.

M
Will do, M!

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Hi Proofreader,

I seem to have missed the whole story of what when why and how you ended up back in the UK. But apart from that I hope all is goin well and your application goes though OK.

Take care and do all the things you should whilst back on that side of the world.

Have fun
Kala
You haven't missed much, Kala, but it's MrPR's visa we need to get sorted - I'm an Aussie (thank heavens!) I must admit to having to stretch my imagination to find the 'things I should do back on this side' - there really doesn't seem a lot!

Originally Posted by blossom
So you finally arrived eh?!! Good to hear you are still around, didn't PM you cos I didn't know what you were doing. Must get together soon for that promised drink and natter.

Blossom
Yup, Bloss, I'm here ... suffering the damnable "piggin'" cold! Just trying to get ourselves sorted with accommodation now that we have jobs. Will give you a 'hoy' after that and I'll take you up on that offer of a wee drop or two! Btw, was that your place in yesterday's (8th June) Rasen Mail by any chance?

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Welcome back to UK good luck with sorting out all your bit n bobs for mr prs visa !!!
Sent you some good luck karma
Thanks, PFM, for the luck and the karma.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This is spooky - whenever I decide its time i pm'd you in case you think you're forgotten.....I find you've been online overnight!
Get back here! I need you to keep me sane with your warped sense of humour! I've got this lovely big veranda now, and it needs us on it with a bottle of red!!
WHAT??? Only "A" bottle of red?!! Wish I could, luvvie ... wish I could ... *sigh*

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Hello! I missed ya too! Its the ones who don't do the big dramatic goodbyes and just disappear from the forum that get missed.

I would have noticed you were gone eventually

Enjoy your time in Blighty, its warmer than here! (I'm sitting here with a hot water bottle and a fleece on).

Cheers,
JTL
Are you trying to say that you'd like me to get all melodramatic then, JTL?! Oh FFS, how can you possibly have missed me? All those bloody boring posts I've made? And what sort of a wus are you anyway? Bloody hot water bottle and a fleece in a sub-tropical winter - pah!

Ok, that's enough crap - good to hear from you.

Originally Posted by Bix da Stirrer
There I was sunning myself on Coolangatta beach and it suddenly struck me.....where's the Proof Reader ?

In the evening I went to a lovely Italian restuarant and as I was supping a bottle of Merlot I thought....bet she wished she was here now.

Basstard! Thanks for reminding me of what I'm missing!

Attached Images  
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:33 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Well, you lot might have forgotten about me, but I'm still here ... or there ... or somewhere!

Arrived in UK two weeks ago today. Spent the first few days with my brother in Swindon then motored north-east to MrPR's family in Lincs. It's bloody freezing here and has rained most days - so much for spring turning to summer. Cooped up here in a tiny single bedroom (yes, two of us) with narry enough room to swing a cat. Desperately looking for a job - any job - to get us an income and into our own place. Another week and I'll have to try my hand at factory work, but trying hard to avoid it if possible (I've never done it before - never been so low and so desperate!) Anyway, that's it in a nutshell from me.

I'd logged on with great anticipation and looking forward to catching up with those who'd missed me, only to find ... that NO-ONE did. Not a PM, not an email, not a mention anywhere, nothing!

Oh well, guess it could be a while 'til I can access a connection again, don't s'pose I'll be missed ...

* Sniff *

Typically, when I tried to post this just now, the connection had dropped out. Just my luck at the moment! Grrrrr.

Just spotted this thread.....

Blimey Chris, I was wondering where you'd got to!

Welcome back to England's green and pleasant land.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:24 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bix

Who needs mates hey

Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:47 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Cool Re: Forgotten but not gone :S

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Just spotted this thread.....

Blimey Chris, I was wondering where you'd got to!

Welcome back to England's green and pleasant land.

Hmmm, green: yes; pleasant though ... ??? Piggin' cold, I reckon!

Originally Posted by Merlot
Who needs mates hey

Yeah, Bev, 'specially when they taunt you with fancy Italian meals which (obviously) need red wine wiv 'em!

Old Jun 11th 2005, 10:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkRed]
oy! stop taking the p*ss. Good word "piggin". One I can use in front of the kids without being told off
Old Jun 11th 2005, 10:49 am
Dismembered Bat

Red face Re: Forgotten but not gone :S

Originally Posted by moneypen20
oy! stop taking the p*ss. Good word "piggin". One I can use in front of the kids without being told off

Sorry, Pen ... but I'm not taking the p*ss. I happen to think it's a brilliant word to replace another one!

Guess I'll just have to stick to "freezin' me firkin' t!ts orft" then?!

Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:06 am
blossom

HI Chris, hope your getting over your piggin cold!! Not sure about Rasen Mail, never seen it, but we were in Grimsby Telegraph last week.

BTW, if you are working around Grimsby and have transport, I may have a place to rent! PM me if you are interested.

Blossom

Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:20 am
Dismembered Bat

Originally Posted by blossom
HI Chris, hope your getting over your piggin cold!! Not sure about Rasen Mail, never seen it, but we were in Grimsby Telegraph last week.

BTW, if you are working around Grimsby and have transport, I may have a place to rent! PM me if you are interested.

Blossom

G'day Bloss! Not "a" cold, just bleddy cold generally!

Working in Scunny - how far from there is your rental?

Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Has he got that application in yet??? Tell him I am waiting for the Got It post!! (And while you're over there can we borrow your car and your washing machine
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:57 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

G'day Bloss! Not "a" cold, just bleddy cold generally!

Working in Scunny - how far from there is your rental?

Hey Proof,
I gotta know has the Talbot shut up shop or not?
Working in Scunny :scared: hope it's not for Premiere P.........
Old Jun 12th 2005, 1:00 am
Merlot

Yeah, Bev, 'specially when they taunt you with fancy Italian meals which (obviously) need red wine wiv 'em!

Yep, gotta love em!

M

Old Jun 12th 2005, 1:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Me and Da Boss was suppin beer on the Esplanade at 9pm this evenin.
Had me shorts and sawn-off teeshirt on cos it was still so warm.
An ice cold brew goes down a treat after yet another hot day in Cairns.

Anyway I says to Da Boss "just think of all the Aussies who have gone to the UK.......must be bloody nuts"
Old Jun 12th 2005, 1:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So thats one smack in the head for Bix if PR ever catches up with him
Old Jun 12th 2005, 1:41 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bix
Me and Da Boss was suppin beer on the Esplanade at 9pm this evenin.
Had me shorts and sawn-off teeshirt on cos it was still so warm.
An ice cold brew goes down a treat after yet another hot day in Cairns.

Anyway I says to Da Boss "just think of all the Aussies who have gone to the UK.......must be bloody nuts"
How do you use that IGNORE list!

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.