Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Forgotten but not gone :S

Forgotten but not gone :S

Old May 11th 2005, 7:01 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Unhappy Forgotten but not gone :S

Well, you lot might have forgotten about me, but I'm still here ... or there ... or somewhere!

Arrived in UK two weeks ago today. Spent the first few days with my brother in Swindon then motored north-east to MrPR's family in Lincs. It's bloody freezing here and has rained most days - so much for spring turning to summer. Cooped up here in a tiny single bedroom (yes, two of us) with narry enough room to swing a cat. Desperately looking for a job - any job - to get us an income and into our own place. Another week and I'll have to try my hand at factory work, but trying hard to avoid it if possible (I've never done it before - never been so low and so desperate!) Anyway, that's it in a nutshell from me.

I'd logged on with great anticipation and looking forward to catching up with those who'd missed me, only to find ... that NO-ONE did. Not a PM, not an email, not a mention anywhere, nothing!

Oh well, guess it could be a while 'til I can access a connection again, don't s'pose I'll be missed ...

* Sniff *

Typically, when I tried to post this just now, the connection had dropped out. Just my luck at the moment! Grrrrr.

Old May 11th 2005, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

JAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Forgotten but not gone :S

I must ask what are you doing back in the Uk?

Forgive me for asking but I am new to this forum.
Old May 11th 2005, 7:38 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Well, you lot might have forgotten about me, but I'm still here ... or there ... or somewhere!

Arrived in UK two weeks ago today. Spent the first few days with my brother in Swindon then motored north-east to MrPR's family in Lincs. It's bloody freezing here and has rained most days - so much for spring turning to summer. Cooped up here in a tiny single bedroom (yes, two of us) with narry enough room to swing a cat. Desperately looking for a job - any job - to get us an income and into our own place. Another week and I'll have to try my hand at factory work, but trying hard to avoid it if possible (I've never done it before - never been so low and so desperate!) Anyway, that's it in a nutshell from me.

I'd logged on with great anticipation and looking forward to catching up with those who'd missed me, only to find ... that NO-ONE did. Not a PM, not an email, not a mention anywhere, nothing!

Oh well, guess it could be a while 'til I can access a connection again, don't s'pose I'll be missed ...

* Sniff *

Typically, when I tried to post this just now, the connection had dropped out. Just my luck at the moment! Grrrrr.

what the hell are you doing back over here
Old May 11th 2005, 8:44 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

* Sniff *

Nice to hear from you guys. Is currently p*ssing down here too so you not missing much. How everything goes ok for you all.

Cheers from The Bloke and Pollyana.
Old May 11th 2005, 9:02 pm
Merlot

I missed ya though I have not been on as much or even lurking as JTL would put it. Though looks like I have not missed much on the Forum

Blighty ain't all that bad though when you have not come back through choice it can be a right old pain in the arse.

Keep us posted.

M

Old May 11th 2005, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya mate, haven't sent you anything cos I knew you wouldn't be on line for ages!!! Have been wondering how things are going though. Has he got that visa application in yet??? If not, kick his arse and get him moving so you can come back!
Old May 31st 2005, 3:00 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Cool Re: Forgotten but not gone :S

G'day again folks,

Polly, Bloke and Merlot, thanks for your replies. It's nice to know that someone missed me!

The two who asked "why" - it's too complicated to explain here, but MrPR is a Pom without a visa, basically.

Ok, update for you:

We both now have jobs at the same place, which is handy as we have one car between us. Now that the jobs are sorted, we'll be looking for somewhere to live. Hopefully we can get our stuff out of storage before too long.

It's looking like we'll be here for a while so that we can consolidate our position and earn some dough for visa fees, meds, etc.

I've not had time on this connection to catch up with everyone's news, but hope things are well with you all.

Hope to get on again before tooooo long!

For those who 'know' me, feel free to PM me with your news if you're so inclined.

'Til next, take care, and 'ave a for me!

Old May 31st 2005, 4:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad things are going well PR. Don't get too settled, you may not want to go back

Why if the sun is shining, am I so piggin cold!
Old May 31st 2005, 5:24 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

just been up your neck of the woods for a long weekend..........bet it still feels cold doesnt it!!?

welcome back to good ol' blighty!

sue
Old May 31st 2005, 5:44 pm
Merlot

Hi Proofreader

Still good to hear from you, keep us posted won't you.

M

Old May 31st 2005, 7:08 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

G'day again folks,

Polly, Bloke and Merlot, thanks for your replies. It's nice to know that someone missed me!

The two who asked "why" - it's too complicated to explain here, but MrPR is a Pom without a visa, basically.

Ok, update for you:

We both now have jobs at the same place, which is handy as we have one car between us. Now that the jobs are sorted, we'll be looking for somewhere to live. Hopefully we can get our stuff out of storage before too long.

It's looking like we'll be here for a while so that we can consolidate our position and earn some dough for visa fees, meds, etc.

I've not had time on this connection to catch up with everyone's news, but hope things are well with you all.

Hope to get on again before tooooo long!

For those who 'know' me, feel free to PM me with your news if you're so inclined.

'Til next, take care, and 'ave a for me!

Hi Proofreader,

I seem to have missed the whole story of what when why and how you ended up back in the UK. But apart from that I hope all is goin well and your application goes though OK.

Take care and do all the things you should whilst back on that side of the world.

Have fun
Kala
Old May 31st 2005, 7:41 pm
blossom

So you finally arrived eh?!! Good to hear you are still around, didn't PM you cos I didn't know what you were doing. Must get together soon for that promised drink and natter.

Blossom

Old May 31st 2005, 7:45 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back to UK good luck with sorting out all your bit n bobs for mr prs visa !!!
Sent you some good luck karma
Old May 31st 2005, 8:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This is spooky - whenever I decide its time i pm'd you in case you think you're forgotten.....I find you've been online overnight!
Get back here! I need you to keep me sane with your warped sense of humour! I've got this lovely big veranda now, and it needs us on it with a bottle of red!!
Old May 31st 2005, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

* Sniff *

Hello! I missed ya too! Its the ones who don't do the big dramatic goodbyes and just disappear from the forum that get missed.

I would have noticed you were gone eventually

Enjoy your time in Blighty, its warmer than here! (I'm sitting here with a hot water bottle and a fleece on).

Cheers,
JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.