Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Forgot First Day at School!!

Forgot First Day at School!!

Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forgot First Day at School!!

What an Idiot. Thought he went back today but looked at the calender at 2.47pm yesterday to see 'Back to school' written there!

So bloody wrapped up in Australia. Thats it I am having a week off!! feel really bad. Josh thankfully said 'never mind Mum, I will just go tomorrow'.

Just thought I would share it with you all as my family are not talking to me at the moment.

Vics x
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:00 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forgot First Day at School!!

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
What an Idiot. Thought he went back today but looked at the calender at 2.47pm yesterday to see 'Back to school' written there!

So bloody wrapped up in Australia. Thats it I am having a week off!! feel really bad. Josh thankfully said 'never mind Mum, I will just go tomorrow'.

Just thought I would share it with you all as my family are not talking to me at the moment.

Vics x
Oh dear, don't worry. I had that panic myself though this morning (my daughter goes back today) thinking, 'am i sure it's today?' when I know full well that it is. lol.

Sorry to hear about the troubles (silence!) in your family. And love your 'wet patch' comment!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Vics x
Oh no. I bet he never minded an extra day at home
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Our brats go back today

And after 6 weeks, good weather, light nights and cricket matches, and with me working from home most of the time......it can't come quick enough

I've even got up early so I can wave off mine and the rest of the little cherubs from the street before I get back to my desk and catch up on work in peace!!!

Oh no, it'll soon be Xmas
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:21 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

I took the day off to take my little uns in, it was really nice, he loved it, only probs is that now the excitement of seeing his friends is over, he doesn't want to go in today.. I feel for him cos I hated school myself. But not a lot I can do for him.. but I do empathise.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

At least he wasnt upset about it, or you really would have been in trouble My youngest started secondary school yesturday, he couldnt wait to get there. He came home last night he hates it and says its my fault for making him go! Im dreading tonight :scared:
Hilary
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:51 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Forgot First Day at School!!

Vics x

Not an idiot... just the same as the rest of us.... The secretary at the school my children go to just smiles indulgently at me now as I rush in at about 10am with lunches/football kit/homework etc. Actually it's not usually ME that is disorganised but my son, but I've found that it is quite a useful persona to cultivate.... we get away with all sorts of things because they feel they need to indulge us

Just remind Josh he's had an extra day of holiday and so isn't he lucky!

And as for the rest of them, how about they swap places with you for a day and see how their brains frazzle!!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

I'm sure you aren't the first nor the last to forgot what day the children go back, maybe there should be special dispensation on first day back to school that they don't get marked absent.
Because we go to Australia next month our son will soon get another six weeks off over the summer, imagine doing this all over again in a couple of months, love him to pieces.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Cheers Guy's,

So happy you care xxx

Just to let you know I took him in this morning early and we found his class, put his stuff in his drawer, found his peg etc and bumped into his teacher who thought it was funny.

Josh was settled after a minute. I am so lucky he is not like I was as a kid, I would have been devastated which is why I got so upset. Anyway, he could not have been more happy to be there.

Thanks again for listening,

Vics x
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Guy's,

So happy you care xxx

Just to let you know I took him in this morning early and we found his class, put his stuff in his drawer, found his peg etc and bumped into his teacher who thought it was funny.

Josh was settled after a minute. I am so lucky he is not like I was as a kid, I would have been devastated which is why I got so upset. Anyway, he could not have been more happy to be there.

Thanks again for listening,

Vics x
Just don't forget to collect him this arvo I forgot first born ONCE about seven years ago. I still get reminded of it
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Our son (another Josh) starts on Thursday - first day at school. He can't wait - despite the fact that (being born 29/8) he'll be the youngest in the school by some margin. Only half days initially, so the country club membership starts from Monday
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Just don't forget to collect him this arvo I forgot first born ONCE about seven years ago. I still get reminded of it
I did that last year. Only 20 minutes late!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
Our son (another Josh) starts on Thursday - first day at school. He can't wait - despite the fact that (being born 29/8) he'll be the youngest in the school by some margin. Only half days initially, so the country club membership starts from Monday
Don't worry about that, all my friends born then are clever and have great jobs! India starts nursery every morning in two weeks and I cannot wait to do what I wish for a couple of hours. First time in 8 years.

Hope he likes school and enjoy the country club!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:00 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

I know what thats like.....youngest born 21/8/05 so baby of the class as well as the family
Gillian
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:16 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Vics x
Don't worry about it - I did exactly the same thing last year, and I was the new physics teacher!

It was less easy for me though, as I couldn't just show up with a note from my mum. I had to come up with a really good excuse, and as I hadn't realised my mistake until the following day, had to make it all up on the hoof.

Just send a note in saying that owing to 'Family issues' your son was unable to attend, and it won't happen again. It'll get recorded as an authorised absence. They won't ask what's going on as it's none of their business - they just want to make sure that you knew he was missing.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.