Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Forced relocation from NZ to the Sunshine Coast

Forced relocation from NZ to the Sunshine Coast

Old Dec 27th 2005, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Forced relocation from NZ to the Sunshine Coast

Good day ladies and gentlemen

Unfortunately we are having to leave the Land of the Long White Cloud as my wife’s company are relocating, plus of course the “offer too good to refuse.”

Visa is not a problem as we are NZ citizens.

I’ve done several searches with several results to the questions below, but I would be really grateful if someone could help dot the “i”s and cross the “t”s.

1. We are taking our cars, has any one used the roll on roll off service and if so what were they like, good, bad or indifferent? How much did they cost? What about at the other end, how hard to get it past and passed by the Customs/Maf and again at what cost?

2. Any companies that can be recommended on this side of the Ditch for packing and removing household goods and transporting them to OZ? Again, how much did you pay and with what company?

3. Finally, and thanks for staying with me, what are the better places to live in the Sunshine Coast, my wife’s company has recommended Buderim, has anyone any views on Buderim, or are there better places?

Thanks in advance for all of you who respond to these questions, oh and a happy New Year!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 3:19 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Forced relocation from NZ to the Sunshine Coast

If the company has recommended Buderim where are they moving to as would be a fair treck to Brisbane???

Think most places around that area are nice from what I've seen and heard from others who live that way on.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
If the company has recommended Buderim where are they moving to as would be a fair treck to Brisbane???

Think most places around that area are nice from what I've seen and heard from others who live that way on.
Buderim is the recommendation, so that's where's it's happening!

Come on peeps help me out here!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:47 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by annqldau

Who mentioned anything about Brisbane?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Forced relocation from NZ to the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Nice Guy

Unfortunately we are having to leave the Land of the Long White Cloud as my wife’s company are relocating, plus of course the “offer too good to refuse.”

I’ve done several searches with several results to the questions below, but I would be really grateful if someone could help dot the “i”s and cross the “t”s.

1. We are taking our cars, has any one used the roll on roll off service and if so what were they like, good, bad or indifferent? How much did they cost? What about at the other end, how hard to get it past and passed by the Customs/Maf and again at what cost?

2. Any companies that can be recommended on this side of the Ditch for packing and removing household goods and transporting them to OZ? Again, how much did you pay and with what company?

3. Finally, and thanks for staying with me, what are the better places to live in the Sunshine Coast, my wife’s company has recommended Buderim, has anyone any views on Buderim, or are there better places?

Thanks in advance for all of you who respond to these questions, oh and a happy New Year!
NO WAY!!!!!!

Does this mean you will be taking up your own offer of a free trip to Auckland airport for those desperate to leave the hell-hole of New Zealand!!!!???

Quote NICE GUY in NZ forum -
================================================== ===
"Can’t say I want to get into a flaming forum argument, but for what it’s worth I am on holiday all next week, so if any of you who don’t like NZ and want to leave ASAP, I’m offering a free taxi ride to the airport (Auckland only…..sorry South Island)

Pick you up…..drop you off and……..goodbye!

You get happier and by the same token…………..so do we!

A Win/Win situation!

Excellent………so who’s first?"
================================================== ======

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE FIRST MATE!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Ozzie forum - it's a lot more positive and fun in here!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Default "Forced relocation" from NZ to the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
NO WAY!!!!!!

Does this mean you will be taking up your own offer of a free trip to Auckland airport for those desperate to leave the hell-hole of New Zealand!!!!???

Quote NICE GUY in NZ forum -
================================================== ===
"Can’t say I want to get into a flaming forum argument, but for what it’s worth I am on holiday all next week, so if any of you who don’t like NZ and want to leave ASAP, I’m offering a free taxi ride to the airport (Auckland only…..sorry South Island)

Pick you up…..drop you off and……..goodbye!

You get happier and by the same token…………..so do we!

A Win/Win situation!

Excellent………so who’s first?"
================================================== ======

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE FIRST MATE!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Ozzie forum - it's a lot more positive and fun in here!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Hi Buzzy--Bee and much gratitude for the welcome to the Australia forum.

You may have noticed the title of the thread, it is a forced move……not by my own choosing, otherwise I a very happy where I am!

Thanks as well for mentioning the free lift to the airport for the moaning minnies to escape from the wonderful country affectionately know to many as New Zealand.

Sadly not one person took me up on the benevolent offer of a free taxi ride to the airport, not one, zip, zilch, nada,……….I think the term is all mouth and no trousers or no courage of their convictions and yet they still continue to moan.

To be quite honest I really feel physically nauseous when people constantly moan and yet do nothing to rectify their own position.

But back to the original thread: Can anyone help me or alternatively does anyone need a lift?

Last edited by Nice Guy; Dec 27th 2005 at 10:39 am. Reason: Bloody typo
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:51 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahahaaaa .. hope you hate it in Oz lol!!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sky
Hahahahahaaaa .. hope you hate it in Oz lol!!!
My, my, what a strange thing to say!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:24 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

My partner and I came to the Sunshine Coast in June from England. We live at Pelican Waters Caloundra. If you have children then it is an ideal option. Check out www.pelicanwaters.com Alternatively, Budrim is beautiful!!! I would definatly live there. Your wifes company made an excellent choice. I have only been there twice but I love it! It is easy access to the main road betwork, close to the Sunshine University and just a short drive to the gorgeous beaches of the Sunshine Coast.

All the best with the move.

Marie
Old Dec 27th 2005, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by clivemay
Hi

My partner and I came to the Sunshine Coast in June from England. We live at Pelican Waters Caloundra. If you have children then it is an ideal option. Check out www.pelicanwaters.com Alternatively, Budrim is beautiful!!! I would definatly live there. Your wifes company made an excellent choice. I have only been there twice but I love it! It is easy access to the main road betwork, close to the Sunshine University and just a short drive to the gorgeous beaches of the Sunshine Coast.

All the best with the move.

Marie
Hi Marie and thanks for the response and website information, much appreciated.

I’ve had a look through the website, it certainly does appear to be very inviting!

Thanks again

Nice Guy
Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:02 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

An Australian friend of mine who was born and bred in Cairns has moved around Aus a bit and now lives on the SC.

Can't remember exactly where he lives but he tells me if I ever leave Cairns then there isn't much better than the SC.

Good luck with the move NG.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
An Australian friend of mine who was born and bred in Cairns has moved around Aus a bit and now lives on the SC.

Can't remember exactly where he lives but he tells me if I ever leave Cairns then there isn't much better than the SC.

Good luck with the move NG.
Thanks Bix, nice to know there is recommendation from an Australian for the SC.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 11:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Forced relocation" from NZ to the Sunshine Coast

To be quite honest I really feel physically nauseous when people constantly moan and yet do nothing to rectify their own position.
Sorry to disillusion you, but there are plenty of those in this forum as well, best start an ignore list .

As for the questions, yes Buderim is very nice & probably the pick of the SC if you can afford it. Some of the locals can probably give you a better idea though.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 3:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another NZ refugee.

At least have the good grace to admit why you are deserting a sinking ship.

G
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default "Forced relocation" from NZ to the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Sorry to disillusion you, but there are plenty of those in this forum as well, best start an ignore list .

As for the questions, yes Buderim is very nice & probably the pick of the SC if you can afford it. Some of the locals can probably give you a better idea though.
Hi Mrs Dagboy

Thanks for the information, including the ignore list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.