Footy Teams!!

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Bananas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Footy Teams!!

Hey guys

I'm looking for a afl team and i don't know which one to go for!!

Can u help me give me some ideas

Catch you later

Bananas
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:35 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Footy Teams!!

Originally Posted by Bananas
Hey guys

I'm looking for a afl team and i don't know which one to go for!!

Can u help me give me some ideas

Catch you later

Bananas
Which state are you in?
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

It seems pretty big here in Oz. I haven't got into it at all. I would love someone to give me a brief rundown of the rules/points etc. Also is it worth watching and getting excited about? I used to love watching soccer in the UK but don't have cable here.

Katie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KatieStar
It seems pretty big here in Oz. I haven't got into it at all. I would love someone to give me a brief rundown of the rules/points etc. Also is it worth watching and getting excited about? I used to love watching soccer in the UK but don't have cable here.

Katie
Not many replies - maybe that means it is not worth watching
I have found a couple of sites anyhow that give some basic info, ie rules of the game, and teams which may help Bananas know who to support.

http://www.nex.net.au/users/kingstar/afl/default.html
http://afl.com.au/

Katie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 3:01 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane Broncos
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 4:31 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Brisbane Broncos
I was thinking Salford City Reds :scared:
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:13 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
I was thinking Salford City Reds :scared:
OMG Gog!!!:scared:

Don't even think about saying that, or we'll all get bored into an irreversible coma by PommieLeague / Lathlain / Grassface / and Salford Red Downunder, as he is now calling himself....:scared:
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You got that right.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Well all those reply's don't help cause i live in melbourne!!!

Do u know any Melbourne teams??

"Good One's"
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:41 am
Just Joined

I have found a couple of sites anyhow that give some basic info, ie rules of the game, and teams which may help Bananas know who to support.

http://www.nex.net.au/users/kingstar/afl/default.html
http://afl.com.au/

Katie
Thnx i looked on the afl.com one and it's very good

I looked at Essendon and Richmond

Do you know if any of these teams are good??
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:18 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
I was thinking Salford City Reds

:scared: :scared: :scared:

I suggested the Broncos cos we went to a match this afternoon. But Im not even gonna start on the AFL vs League vs Rugby vs soccer sh*tfight .

Bananas, what about the Brisbane Lions? You dont have to support a team in Melbourne just cos you live there .

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jul 3rd 2005 at 9:20 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
:scared: :scared: :scared:

I suggested the Broncos cos we went to a match this afternoon. But Im not even gonna start on the AFL vs League s Rugby vs soccer sh*tfight .

Bananas, what about the Brisbane Lions? You dont have to support a team in Melbourne just cos you live there .
Good point!!

Do they play in melbourne??
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:25 am
Rocket Scientist

Good point!!

Yep, should play down there every 2nd week or so working on the one home game, one away game scenario. Depends if you intend to go to every game during the season or not.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:29 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Good point!!

Hey Bananas....

As was said before, where are you gonna be living in Oz???
If you tell us that, then we'll be able to tell you who to go for....
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:31 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by Scossie
Hey Bananas....

As was said before, where are you gonna be living in Oz???
If you tell us that, then we'll be able to tell you who to go for....
He said he lives in Melbourne back up ^^^^^^^ there .

Doesnt mean hes got to support a Melb team though, why not support a good team instead? .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.