Footy Teams!!

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Bananas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Footy Teams!!

[QUOTE=Scossie]Hey Bananas....

As was said before, where are you gonna be living in Oz???
If you tell us that, then we'll be able to tell you who to go for....[/Q

i don't no but it's gonna be in melbourne!!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 10:38 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bananas]
Originally Posted by Scossie
Hey Bananas....

Go for The Bombers (Essendon). There not having a special season this year but history shows them as being farely strong. Also theres a few Bombers supporters on here. Don't go for Richmond. Definitley don't go for Collingwood. The supporters are ferals. There is an RACV insurance add on at the moment with a guy behind a bar ringing for business insurance as there are a lot of footy supporters in there and the team is losing. The rough looking lot are the actual Collingwood cheer squad.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 10:49 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you enjoyed the game the other half and I went too.

Was not the best spectacle but that was to be accepted with all the origin stars out.

This is also another thing that I dont understand about aussies my other halfs family is the same why dont you support the home team (closest to you/the city you live in) this would be almost a death penalty back home?!?!?! I would have been disowned by my old man if I did not follow Forest and was given no choice in the matter.

TT

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yep, should play down there every 2nd week or so working on the one home game, one away game scenario. Depends if you intend to go to every game during the season or not.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:12 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=HUP]
Originally Posted by Bananas

Go for The Bombers (Essendon). There not having a special season this year but history shows them as being farely strong. Also theres a few Bombers supporters on here. Don't go for Richmond. Definitley don't go for Collingwood. The supporters are ferals. There is an RACV insurance add on at the moment with a guy behind a bar ringing for business insurance as there are a lot of footy supporters in there and the team is losing. The rough looking lot are the actual Collingwood cheer squad.
OK i'll have to go and see and game they play first!!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:41 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

OK.......

If you're gonna live in Victoria, you could go for, Essendon, St Kilda, Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton, Hawthorn, Geelong, Melbourne, Kangaroos (Who used to be North Melbourne), Sydney Swans (Who used to be South Melbourne), Western Bulldogs (who used to be Footscray)...

If you're gonna live in Queensland, you could go for The Brisbane Lions (Who used to be The Brisbane Bears, until they amalgamated with Victorian club, Fitzroy.).....

Are you still awake???

OK... Here we go again.....

South Australia:

2 AFL Clubs
Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide.

Port are the current AFL Champions, having beat The Brisbane Lions in last years grand final.
I was very pleased with that cos I had a very complicated bet on Port which returned me $350 for a $5 bet.....!!!

Now we come to the best state in Australia, which is obviously, Western Australia....
(It's not up for debate)

The West Coast Eagles are currently kicking the absolute shit out of all the other teams in the AFL, apart from Collingwood, who are the only team to beat them this season.

I reckon The Eagles are far and away the best bet to win the flag since 1859 (17th of May, The day that the first ever Aussie Rules game was played)............

And now we come to my club. The Fremantle Dockers Football Club...
What can I say??
I'm a Premium Gold Member of The Freo Dockers.
You have to get used to inconsistency as a Freo fan.

One week we'll beat the shit out of a great team, and the next week we'll lose to a crap team!?!?.........
Bloody pisser......!

We'll see how things go...........

No sarcastic remarks from you Brian...
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:47 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as I'm not Brian can I say ...

I'm THE Premium Gold Member of The Freo Dockers.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:49 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Bananas]
Hey Bananas....

I sent in an application for Colinwood on your behalf but it was rejected......lack of wood
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:54 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=gogdownunder]
Originally Posted by Bananas

I sent in an application for Colinwood on your behalf but it was rejected......lack of wood
Thnx but i think i'm going for the bombers!!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:58 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Bananas]
Originally Posted by gogdownunder

Thnx but i think i'm going for the bombers!!
how didn't we know that?
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:17 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Hope you enjoyed the game the other half and I went too.

Was not the best spectacle but that was to be accepted with all the origin stars out.

This is also another thing that I dont understand about aussies my other halfs family is the same why dont you support the home team (closest to you/the city you live in) this would be almost a death penalty back home?!?!?! I would have been disowned by my old man if I did not follow Forest and was given no choice in the matter.

TT
Yep, enjoyed it alot, kids first game so they were pretty excited (Dagboy's 1st game too! ). Agree about the origin stars missing, I thought that for most of the first half their tackling was pretty ordinary, lifted themselves a bit in the 2nd half but IMO were still lucky that Cronulla didnt score a couple of extra times & that the sharkies made a few mistakes & ball handling errors.

As for the supporting the home team thing, I think the majority do support their home town team especially in Sydney RL & Melb AFL. In regards to the Broncos, remember that the Broncos only formed in 1988 so some people in Brisbane did already support a team in the NSWRL (the only real RL competition there was back then). Also similar story for other teams like the Melb Storm, Brisbane Lions (both formed in the 1990's I think). And in the same way that you ended up supporting Forest, kids tend to follow the clubs that their parents do, so there will be some who follow Sydney cubs because their parents do (from pre-Broncos). In Qld as well there are alot of migrants from other states (Victoria - on the move - yep to Qld ), so many of them would continue to support their "home town" team.

As for the other people who choose to support other teams, I say bad luck .

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jul 3rd 2005 at 12:24 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:38 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Only one team WEST COAST EAGLES
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:01 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
:scared: :scared: :scared:

Bananas, what about the Brisbane Lions? You dont have to support a team in Melbourne just cos you live there .
Jeeze, its such a good job i know you're joking mrs DB!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

OK.......

If you're gonna live in Victoria, you could go for, Sydney Swans (Who used to be South Melbourne),
You could, but it would be a crap idea really
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:04 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

OK.......

If you're gonna live in Victoria, you could go for, Essendon, St Kilda, Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton, Hawthorn, Geelong, Melbourne, Kangaroos (Who used to be North Melbourne), Sydney Swans (Who used to be South Melbourne), Western Bulldogs (who used to be Footscray)...

If you're gonna live in Queensland, you could go for The Brisbane Lions (Who used to be The Brisbane Bears, until they amalgamated with Victorian club, Fitzroy.).....

Are you still awake???

OK... Here we go again.....

South Australia:

2 AFL Clubs
Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide.

Port are the current AFL Champions, having beat The Brisbane Lions in last years grand final.
I was very pleased with that cos I had a very complicated bet on Port which returned me $350 for a $5 bet.....!!!

Now we come to the best state in Australia, which is obviously, Western Australia....
(It's not up for debate)

The West Coast Eagles are currently kicking the absolute shit out of all the other teams in the AFL, apart from Collingwood, who are the only team to beat them this season.

I reckon The Eagles are far and away the best bet to win the flag since 1859 (17th of May, The day that the first ever Aussie Rules game was played)............

And now we come to my club. The Fremantle Dockers Football Club...
What can I say??
I'm a Premium Gold Member of The Freo Dockers.
You have to get used to inconsistency as a Freo fan.

One week we'll beat the shit out of a great team, and the next week we'll lose to a crap team!?!?.........
Bloody pisser......!

We'll see how things go...........

No sarcastic remarks from you Brian...

Sarcasim? me? never.

Gotta say, Pav nearly did it.

7/8
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by TrickyTree

This is also another thing that I dont understand about aussies my other halfs family is the same why dont you support the home team (closest to you/the city you live in)
Most people do If they don't it cos maybe they lived in another state or their parents supported them etc (or in the case of the Lions and Sydney they moved to those states from Vic )

Apparently theres set to be another team to move to southern NSW this year?? Anyone heard anything yet??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.