Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The footy show live in London

The footy show live in London

Old May 25th 2005, 1:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default The footy show live in London

Even though I can't stand the sport I'd thought I'd let you all know that The Footy Show is being recorded at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane on Thursday 23rd June.

www.seeticket.com or 02074945513 for tickets, which go on sale tomorrow.

Have a look at TNT magazine for more details.
Old May 25th 2005, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default Re: The footy show live in London

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Even though I can't stand the sport I'd thought I'd let you all know that The Footy Show is being recorded at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane on Thursday 23rd June.

Because, as my mate from Brissy would say,.......it's sssshhhhhhhhitttttttthoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuussssss sse..........
Old May 25th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Grassface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu

NRL or AFL?
Old May 25th 2005, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grassface
NRL or AFL?
Or real football?

JTL
Old May 25th 2005, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Or real football?

JTL
And whats that?
Old May 25th 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Or real football?

JTL
Pah ! Football ? Not that charade where they use their feet surely !!!??? What's it called, soccer....??!!
Old May 25th 2005, 2:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

NRL or AFL?
I think it's AFL, but they're both crap sports anyway.
Old May 25th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Innyjim
Pah ! Football ? Not that charade where they use their feet surely !!!??? What's it called, soccer....??!!
Soccer is only one form of football yes.
Old May 25th 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Soccer is the football of Satan......As demonstrated by AFC last Saturday night.....
Old May 25th 2005, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Think ball, think foot, then think ball again, then foot.

Where does ****** hands come into it. Rugby is Rugby! AFL is AFL, and they should be ashmed of the 'F' bit.

FOOT....BALL.

What sport deserves that more than football. All these other games are derivatives of RUGBY.

JTL
Old May 25th 2005, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Think ball, think foot, then think ball again, then foot.

Where does ****** hands come into it. Rugby is Rugby! AFL is AFL, and they should be ashmed of the 'F' bit.

FOOT....BALL.

What sport deserves that more than football. All these other games are derivatives of RUGBY.

JTL
Go back and do some history, then come and tell of your findings.
Old May 25th 2005, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Go back and do some history, then come and tell of your findings.
Don't 'HISTORY' me matey, I know the history of football and rugby, webb ellis and all that. Entire villages kicking pigs bladders around for a day across the entire village to see who won.

What part of the history of Football would you like me to explain

JTL

A boy of the name Ellis - William Webb Ellis - a town boy and a foundationer, .... whilst playing Bigside at football in that half-year, caught the ball in his arms. This being so, according to the then rules, he ought to have retired back as far as he pleased, without parting with the ball, for the combatants on the opposite side could only advance to the spot where he had caught the ball, and were unable to rush forward till he had either punted it or had placed it for some one else to kick, for it was by means of these placed kicks that most of the goals were in those days kicked, but the moment the ball touched the ground the opposite side might rush on. Ellis, for the first time, disregarded this rule, and on catching the ball, instead of retiring backwards, rushed forwards with the ball in his hands towards the opposite goal, with what result as to the game I know not, neither do I know how this infringement of a well-known rule was followed up, or when it became, as it is now, a standing rule."
Old May 25th 2005, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Don't 'HISTORY' me matey, I know the history of football and rugby, webb ellis and all that. Entire villages kicking pigs bladders around for a day across the entire village to see who won.

What part of the history of Football would you like me to explain

JTL

Webb Ellis and thats history? Oh dear, a lot to learn son, a lot to learn.
Mr Webb Ellis was actually born in Salford (home of a rugby league, not union club) for a start, now theres a bit of help.
Old May 25th 2005, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/activeand...port/football/
Old May 25th 2005, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Webb Ellis and thats history? Oh dear, a lot to learn son, a lot to learn.
Mr Webb Ellis was actually born in Salford (home of a rugby league, not union club) for a start, now theres a bit of help.

Sad sad. Whats Webb Ellis's home town got to do with anything? Salford, well done... Your point is....

I couldn't give a flying f* about the difference between League and Union, they are spinoffs of football. Football is FOOT....BALL, it comes from the days of communities kicking pigs bladders round the village for a day. So some smart arse decided to pick up the ball and run with it. What was the referee thinking.? Eh? Hand ball mate? Free kick to the other team

Ho ho, lets just invent a new game where its ok to run with the ball! Its not football, call it what you want, but how stupid is it to have games where the players foot comes in contact with the ball maybe once or twice a match 'football'.

Football is football,

Good night,
JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.