footie season

Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default footie season

I'll be in the CBH this saturday evening to watch Spurs triumphal march to the top of the premeirship.

It just occured to me what a sportstastic time of year this is. English cricket season on fox, AFL finals around the corner on Ch9, 10 and Fox Footy Ch14. NRL finals likewise aproaching on Ch9 and Fox Sp1 & 2. Tri Nations egg chasing on Ch7. Proper footy on SBS and Fox Sp1 +2. And the icing on the cake - the Olympics for 2 whole weeks.

As an added bonus you even get Roy and HG every night throughout ...Australian TV that is actually funny !! no really.

Of course if you don;t like sport its an absolute nightmare, but fear not the sporting desert of October will soon be with you if thats the way you feel.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:23 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: footie season

Originally Posted by RichS
Of course if you don;t like sport its an absolute nightmare, but fear not the sporting desert of October will soon be with you if thats the way you feel.
Not if you like The Simpsons, they are showing solid Simpsons every night for the whole duration of the Olympics on Fox 8
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:27 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Ive just won a weekly prize for being top tipster n an NRL tipping Comp this week. The prize is $100 free bet on a team to win the NRL Grand final. Ive got 7 days to place the bet but being an AFL guy I'm not to sure who is even in the running to win the GF. ( Yes I tipped 7 winners this week which was a pure fluke ) Any ideas from you NRL guys who I should put my $100 on??
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

The form is this:

The Roosters seem to have gone off the boil
Bulldogs on impressive run - but I don't like them
Broncos - very much the dark horse - take a look at their game v Bulldogs this week.
Panthers - can;t win as underdogs 2 years running
Dragons - easily the form dog, but erratic and unsure of top 4 finish and the home final.

Bear in mind the finals run under the Macintyre system (formerly the one used in the AFL). The top 4 teams get a home draw, with the top 2 guaranteed a second bite if they lose.
If Brisbane can finish in the top 4 the home advantage for them is huge. I'd be leaning toward them at this stage. Those unmentioned can't win - simply not good enough to beat 3 sides on consecutive weeks.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:58 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go Brisbane too
Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:30 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Guys.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:02 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

There is a big game this Sunday.

Broncos v Bulldogs

I think whoever wins this will be a good bet for the NRL finals.

TT

PS - go the Broncs!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bordy
Ive just won a weekly prize for being top tipster n an NRL tipping Comp this week. The prize is $100 free bet on a team to win the NRL Grand final. Ive got 7 days to place the bet but being an AFL guy I'm not to sure who is even in the running to win the GF. ( Yes I tipped 7 winners this week which was a pure fluke ) Any ideas from you NRL guys who I should put my $100 on??
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:12 am
The Godfather

Ok Ive put my $100 on Broncos at $5.50.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:52 pm
PommieLeague

The mighty Roosters will be there. Id go for a Roosters V Bulldogs final. An old favourite.

Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
There is a big game this Sunday.

Broncos v Bulldogs

I think whoever wins this will be a good bet for the NRL finals.

TT

PS - go the Broncs!!!!!
Go the Broncos, I've got tickets for Sunday 3pm. Big game.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:06 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: footie season

Man U on TV tonite.