Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Football on TV...Please help!

Football on TV...Please help!

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Football on TV...Please help!

Hi

Does anyone know if the Wembley Cup, which is scheduled for this week-end 24th July at Wembley, and includes teams like Barcelona and my beloved Tottenham Hotspur is shown anywhere on these shores?

Can't bear to miss the Spurs game...

Can't wait for the new season to start...Only three weeks to go (or so)...

Will be getting a plasma this week-end just before the new season...

Ooooops! Just realised this is in the wrong thread..Should be in the Barbie section...Sorry! Mods please...

Last edited by Syedney; Jul 23rd 2009 at 3:16 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Football on TV...Please help!

Originally Posted by Syedney
Hi

Does anyone know if the Wembley Cup, which is scheduled for this week-end 24th July at Wembley, and includes teams like Barcelona and my beloved Tottenham Hotspur is shown anywhere on these shores?

Can't bear to miss the Spurs game...

Can't wait for the new season to start...Only three weeks to go (or so)...

Will be getting a plasma this week-end just before the new season...

Ooooops! Just realised this is in the wrong thread..Should be in the Barbie section...Sorry! Mods please...
Firstly, your choice of team shows excellent decision making abilities and I agree with you, am looking forward to the new season already, tinged with the usual optimism we all experience but thank heck we will not go through a period like last year at the start of the season.

Wembley Cup is on Sky live so...

it's not on Foxtel. Muppets...

Cannot see it being on Setanta either so I guess Foxtel decided not to buy the rights to it, and we'll have to make do with watching it online which is what I shall be doing. Regrettably my new 09/10 kit has yet to arrive on these shores so it will be in last seasons kit but...

Try
justin.tv
as a source of footage

or if you go here

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

they have listed the game so it will be a stream, probabaly from asiatv but good enough to watch.

Woody's out for a bit as is Dawson so think we need that new defender rather urgently...
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

I love the four world class teams.

Spurs (of course)

Barcelona - yes

Celtic - sort of...

Al Ahly - who are yer, who are yer, who are yer....?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slipshot
Firstly, your choice of team shows excellent decision making abilities and I agree with you, am looking forward to the new season already, tinged with the usual optimism we all experience but thank heck we will not go through a period like last year at the start of the season.

Wembley Cup is on Sky live so...

it's not on Foxtel. Muppets...

Cannot see it being on Setanta either so I guess Foxtel decided not to buy the rights to it, and we'll have to make do with watching it online which is what I shall be doing. Regrettably my new 09/10 kit has yet to arrive on these shores so it will be in last seasons kit but...

Try
justin.tv
as a source of footage

or if you go here

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

they have listed the game so it will be a stream, probabaly from asiatv but good enough to watch.

Woody's out for a bit as is Dawson so think we need that new defender rather urgently...

Mate, you're a true gentleman and a scholar

And without sounding to biased or anything like that, cause I don't do that kind of thing, but you seem to have a hell of a good footy taste mate!

Yes, in the famous words sung around White Hart Lane, "Come On You Spurs!"

I'll be up to check the link and fingers crossed watch some quality footy again....No offence but A-league is not even close to pub footy back home in quality, and I am not lying ....

Foxtel sucks mate!

Here's to a good season for THFC!!

I guess you know that Old 'arry has decided to forego without most of the current bunch and flog the lot!! (Bar a few, like Defoe, old crocked Ledley, Woody, and a handful of others)...

It appear me old chum we may be eyeing up Huntelaar as a replacement for the £16m Super flop Benty!!!

Cheers 'arry!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Syedney
Mate, you're a true gentleman and a scholar

And without sounding to biased or anything like that, cause I don't do that kind of thing, but you seem to have a hell of a good footy taste mate!

Yes, in the famous words sung around White Hart Lane, "Come On You Spurs!"

I'll be up to check the link and fingers crossed watch some quality footy again....No offence but A-league is not even close to pub footy back home in quality, and I am not lying ....

Foxtel sucks mate!

Here's to a good season for THFC!!

I guess you know that Old 'arry has decided to forego without most of the current bunch and flog the lot!! (Bar a few, like Defoe, old crocked Ledley, Woody, and a handful of others)...

It appear me old chum we may be eyeing up Huntelaar as a replacement for the £16m Super flop Benty!!!

Cheers 'arry!
I think Harry is hanging on to most of the chaps we have. The Blades duo shoudl help us a bit but the only key person I'd like to off load would be Bent, and even though he was out top scorer last year and we'd lose money, he's not got it in my book. If he does not go we have another year to make him be good but with JD and Keane, he'll struggle. Huntelaar would be good if he can be made to fit in.

And people like Huddlestone need to raise their game, Lennon allowed to explore and people like O'Hara allowed to roam and we'll have a sweet team.