Football Teams

Old May 24th 2004, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

cooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football Teams

Moving to Melbourne in sept / oct and currently play football on sats and suns in UK. Was just wondering if there are actual football (soccer) leagues over there and what they're like. Any british expat teams?
Old May 24th 2004, 1:56 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi,

could start here cooks. seems that theres quite a lot of amateur soccer in the cities, with clubs having several teams, vets, ladies, etc.

good luck.

http://sportsvl.com/soccer/australasia/australia.html
Old May 24th 2004, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Teams

Originally posted by cooks
Moving to Melbourne in sept / oct and currently play football on sats and suns in UK. Was just wondering if there are actual football (soccer) leagues over there and what they're like. Any british expat teams?
You will notice by the football pools which now feature Australian matches that there are organised leagues in Victoria - State League, Metropolitan League below it with many divisions. There is an Australian Soccer League as well with Melbourne teams in it. Many teams have an 'ethnic' connection (Scots, Welsh, Croats, Macedonians, Italians, Greeks, Maltese ...... etc, etc). However, because of crowd trouble in the past the ethnic bits are not allowed in club names eg South Melbourne Hellas became South Melbourne, Marconi name was not allowed etc, etc. I'm not sure what the current situation is as far as which teams have British connections in Melbourne but Frankston used to have English and Scottish teams (Frankston Pines?). In fact, a boy I taught moved out to Frankston to play for one of their teams - they paid his fare, found him a job and digs etc.

OzTennis
Old May 24th 2004, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.soccervictoria.org.au/

http://www.australiansoccer.com.au/p...800&height=600

OzTennis
Old May 24th 2004, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys, may even have a go at the aussie rules!!
Old May 24th 2004, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks guys, may even have a go at the aussie rules!!
You've come to your senses!

http://www.afl.com.au

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au (red, white and blue, what could be more British?)

OzTennis
Old May 24th 2004, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

sorry have already pledged allegiance to Hawthorn!!

got some aussie mates over there who are massive hawks fans so went to several of their games.
Old May 24th 2004, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

got some aussie mates over there who are massive hawks fans so went to several of their games.
Old May 24th 2004, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Bulldogs had only their 3rd win for the season at the weekend and now sit 11th on the ladder - looking down at Hawthorn though!

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au

OzTennis
Old May 24th 2004, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

I know after years of following a poor football team I thought this was my chance with no connections to any team to select a top of the league team and be a gloryhunting fan.

Typically I pick the team which is now second from bottom!!

Anyone need the kiss of death on any sporting teams just give me a shout and I'll start supporting them!!
Old May 24th 2004, 9:35 pm
PommieLeague

Dont forget the best team is: Melbourne Storm

Old May 24th 2004, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

There is no point on playing RL in Victoria. It's a failed experiment which should be ended as soon as possible.
Old May 24th 2004, 11:01 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Lathlain
Dont forget the best team is: The Essendon Bombers
Typos corrected.
Old May 24th 2004, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

mangobuster is an unknown quantity at this point

There is very little home grown soccer shown on the TV here, so ist easy to think it doeant exist.

A mate of mine however told me that soccer is one of the largest participatory sports here.

Lets face it, there have been some really great aussie soccer players, Harry Kewell being the latest
Old May 24th 2004, 11:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Typos corrected.
LOL!!!!
go da Bombers!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.