Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Football in Sydney?

Football in Sydney?

Old Jul 10th 2005, 11:58 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football in Sydney?

Originally Posted by bondipom

Football is the most popular participation team sport in Australia.
No it's not. Netball is.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
No it's not. Netball is.
are u sure, i thought it was football too. im sure ABC will came back with the data though lol
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:08 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
are u sure, i thought it was football too. im sure ABC will came back with the data though lol
I am sure!
My best mate's Fiasco is a netball fanatic, & she is always telling me that it's true!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:40 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

No it's not. Netball is.
Always has been, always will be...........they can do what they like with stats, it won't make any difference..

nice win btw Scoss
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:47 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Always has been, always will be...........they can do what they like with stats, it won't make any difference..

nice win btw Scoss
Thank you!
As I said on the tipping thread, "It's about bloody time"!!!!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:04 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Thank you!
As I said on the tipping thread, "It's about bloody time"!!!!
I'm not allowed on that thread, cos my vast knowledge of rules gives me too much advantage. However, I am available on a consultancy basis

Let us know if you find a club Jockstar!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:17 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
I'm not allowed on that thread, cos my vast knowledge of rules gives me too much advantage. However, I am available on a consultancy basis
OOOOooohhh!!!
Is that a can of worms, I hear opening????
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:48 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

No it's not. Netball is.
I am quoting Football Australia. Is there a secret army of netball playing blokes out there?
Old Jul 10th 2005, 11:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I am quoting Football Australia. Is there a secret army of netball playing blokes out there?
Yeah, but surely they ARE gonna tell you that arn't they

I think it might also depend what state you're in. On a sat and sun around here every oval is full, along with the netball courts I'm yet to see a game of soccer.......
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:22 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
Yeah, but surely they ARE gonna tell you that arn't they

I think it might also depend what state you're in. On a sat and sun around here every oval is full, along with the netball courts I'm yet to see a game of soccer.......
Do you lend HUP your netball skirts then?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:09 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Do you lend HUP your netball skirts then?
PAH!! Netball, bloody silly game
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:34 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
PAH!! Netball, bloody silly game

You prefer mud wrestling don't you.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 3:23 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Bordy
You prefer mud wrestling don't you.
In ya dreams
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

There aer many leagues playing footie here in the winter. Mostly they start training toward the end of March.

I live in the Eastern suburbs and there is a Sunday league operating here. Teams will be playing on Sundays at Queens Park, Rainbow St Kingsford (between Avoca and Anzac), Heffron Park Maroubra. This league has many teams of a predominantly anglo/irish background. The social life is good.

Some clubs are more serious than others. There are over 35's leagues too, but beware! Many of them feature retired UK pros who can still run rings around the hapless beer tub.

Check out http://www.essfa.com for club details and contacts.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 8:04 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichS
There aer many leagues playing footie here in the winter. Mostly they start training toward the end of March.

I live in the Eastern suburbs and there is a Sunday league operating here. Teams will be playing on Sundays at Queens Park, Rainbow St Kingsford (between Avoca and Anzac), Heffron Park Maroubra. This league has many teams of a predominantly anglo/irish background. The social life is good.

Some clubs are more serious than others. There are over 35's leagues too, but beware! Many of them feature retired UK pros who can still run rings around the hapless beer tub.

Check out http://www.essfa.com for club details and contacts.

Thank you. Thats more like it. And ye i'll let you know. But it wont be till next year. Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.