Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

football on the Sunshine Coast

football on the Sunshine Coast

Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:41 am
Just Joined

football crazy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default football on the Sunshine Coast

Can anybody help me! I am currently in the process of moving to the Sunshine Coast. Me, my wife 2 young boys and a little girl. I think the only thing I will miss about the UK is the football. For my sins I am big Manchester City supporter but enjoy all aspects of the game and all teams. Are there any supporters clubs located around the Noosa area. Are the games available to watch? Are there any particular bars or pubs where the atmosphere is enjoyable. More importantly I would like to get involved in football, I am currently trying to complete my level 2 at Bolton Wanderers as a coach. My 8 year old boy is a keen footballer and has a tremendous left foot. Is there any teams/clubs out there that could utilise both of us. If anyone wants to hook up for a beer or a chat on the beautiful game we should be in Oz in August/September.

Look forward to hearing from anyone and good look to you all.

Paul
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: football on the Sunshine Coast

hi Paul, we live in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast

my son (18) plays for Maroochydore FC 1st Div and coaches the U15's rep team

they are often looking for players and coaches so i'm sure you'll be able to be involved in some way

not sure about clubs around Noosa though but you could go on the sunshinecoastfootball website and email a few clubs

the UK matches are shown on Austar (like Sky) but they are often on about 3am but my son and husband set their alarms to get up for the game

for his sins my husband is also a City supporter

so that will make 2 of you in Queensland!

selina
Old May 4th 2007, 3:57 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: football on the Sunshine Coast

hey paul

like selina says theres loads of football going on and loads of clubs to choose from, check out:

http://www.sunshinecoastfootball.com.au/findAClub.htm

depends on where you're gonna live - theres clubs all over the place and most are alwasy looking for coaches. also theres futsal - indoor football:

http://www.isport.com.au/futsal/qsc/

again loads of centres and clubs, and always looking for referees and coaches (paid!)...

...and ...do you fancy a game Paul? how many summers long are you? caloundra are always looking for players...check out the over 35s website (if it applies! ) www.freewebs.com/caloundraover35sfc/

good luck with it - let me know if you got any other q's!

J

ps: theres loads more man city fans here, loads man u (more mancs here than in manx i reckon!) and liverpool etc etc