Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Football starts this weekend

Football starts this weekend

Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:51 am
Badge

Default Football starts this weekend

The Doggies are playing St George, and they are televising it delayed in Melbourne - the VCR I bought was a wise investment.

It is also the Wizard Cup final, on this long weekend in Victoria. Halcyon days.

And not a mincing, pony-tailed, beckham et al in sight!!

badge

Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:07 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Football starts this weekend

And its the Bombers family day on Sunday.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:21 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Not really mate. The premiership kicks off a week thursday (strangely) at the Gabba (stranger still) with the saints and the Lions.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=fullfixture

Its the wizard finals this saturday night though........
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:49 am
Cut on the dotted line...

Location: In the midst of Melb, right a little, down a little
gadgetMan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hevs
Not really mate. The premiership kicks off a week thursday (strangely) at the Gabba (stranger still) with the saints and the Lions.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=fullfixture

Its the wizard finals this saturday night though........
Doesnt matter what you say .. ITS STILL THE WRONG SHAPED BALL.. !!!

Anyways I get a chance at last to play some real football with a bunch of old guys... At least being one of the younger ones I'll have a chance to shine... before the lack of fitness induced cardiac...

Cheerio
:scared:
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
The Doggies are playing St George, and they are televising it delayed in Melbourne - the VCR I bought was a wise investment.

It is also the Wizard Cup final, on this long weekend in Victoria. Halcyon days.

And not a mincing, pony-tailed, beckham et al in sight!!

badge
3rd week of the Super 12. A real sport, better than all the other crap they play down there. Enjoy the 'games', as opposed to sports.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:02 am
PommieLeague

Great post there Badge, interesting that neither renth, Amazulu, RichS or Tone havent even given a usual anti-League bash!!

Must be something in the air, hmmmm roses!!!

Oh, and Salford are away at Saints in Super League!!! C'mon Reds

Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Great post there Badge, interesting that neither renth, Amazulu, RichS or Tone havent even given a usual anti-League bash!!

Must be something in the air, hmmmm roses!!!

Oh, and Salford are away at Saints in Super League!!! C'mon Reds

Maybe because Badge doesn't go on & on & on & on about League.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:15 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Have to say I enjoy all codes of football. Thank god its all statting up again, going insane sometimes, watching the home renovation shows that the missus watches. I know its a little off course, but, I was wondering if anyone living in the UK know what channel have the V8 supercars on?
jim
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:32 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Bordy
You mean like Amazulu goes on about yawnion?

Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:33 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You mean like Amazulu goes on about yawnion?
Damn right!. Someone has to educate (break in) the Aussies/wannabe Aussies about real sports, because the status quo is crap & unacceptable!.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 8:29 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Damn right!. Someone has to educate (break in) the Aussies/wannabe Aussies about real sports, because the status quo is crap & unacceptable!.
¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø RUGBY LEAGUE - THE GREATEST GAME ¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸¸,ø¤º°`°

Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:24 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø RUGBY LEAGUE - THE GREATEST GAME ¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸¸,ø¤º°`°
God.. wondered how long it would take you to come out with that....

Well today I visited Suncorp Stadium for my first live League game.. must confess it aint as good as watching Chelsea..but hey ho...

The mighty Broncos beat the poor Cowboys 29 - 16... good game...so good I even brought the T shirt... going back next week as well...

Cant wait for the A league to star though....
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:16 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by sloake
God.. wondered how long it would take you to come out with that....

Well today I visited Suncorp Stadium for my first live League game.. must confess it aint as good as watching Chelsea..but hey ho...

The mighty Broncos beat the poor Cowboys 29 - 16... good game...so good I even brought the T shirt... going back next week as well...

Cant wait for the A league to star though....
Nice to see a new convert to the game, and glad you enjoyed it.