Reload this Page >

Football (soccer) in Burleigh Queensland

Football (soccer) in Burleigh Queensland

Old Jun 20th 2009, 3:40 am
Just Joined

speedyap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football (soccer) in Burleigh Queensland

Hello it's Speedy here.

Now I know its probably the last thing you guys or gals are thinking about coming across from the UK.......but as half of us expats are doing any way are playing football here in OZ. I am not sure where the other leagues are but if you want some casual football (eg no slide tackles and anything that might be dangerous) but in a league format then you can come down to the masters over 35's (yes you have to be 35 or over to play) comp that is played on Wednesday night at Pizzey Park in Burleigh (close to Pac Fair). I can't gaurantee you will join our xpats team but there are other teams there so you can join them.
It starts at 6.30pm and there are 2 games played on 2 fields. Games are half hour each way. There is another 2 games at half seven then 1 game at half eight.

Up to you.
There are many people playing from different ages. We have some 60 year olds playing here as well.

Just a suggestion if you are looking to meet expats or get fit or join a team.

Speedy
Old Jun 20th 2009, 6:12 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football (soccer) in Burleigh Queensland

Originally Posted by speedyap
Hello it's Speedy here.

Now I know its probably the last thing you guys or gals are thinking about coming across from the UK.......but as half of us expats are doing any way are playing football here in OZ. I am not sure where the other leagues are but if you want some casual football (eg no slide tackles and anything that might be dangerous) but in a league format then you can come down to the masters over 35's (yes you have to be 35 or over to play) comp that is played on Wednesday night at Pizzey Park in Burleigh (close to Pac Fair). I can't gaurantee you will join our xpats team but there are other teams there so you can join them.
It starts at 6.30pm and there are 2 games played on 2 fields. Games are half hour each way. There is another 2 games at half seven then 1 game at half eight.

Up to you.
There are many people playing from different ages. We have some 60 year olds playing here as well.

Speedy
Great idea speedy!
I give it the too
Old Jun 20th 2009, 6:29 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

That will keep the emergency depts busy round there
Old Jun 20th 2009, 6:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
That will keep the emergency depts busy round there
you dont know how right you are pal, if only you could see speedy now lol
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

darren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant future

Good thread Speed to get some more players down there as It is a newish league and we need more expats who just cant do without there Football that they have left behind in Blighty and we mean proper football not this egg chasing thing. Come on guys if your keen then give it ago, the more the merrier and if that does not sell it then there is a pitch side BAR which is where you normally find Soapy

Originally Posted by speedyap
Hello it's Speedy here.

Up to you.

Speedy
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:48 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by darren k
Good thread Speed to get some more players down there as It is a newish league and we need more expats who just cant do without there Football that they have left behind in Blighty and we mean proper football not this egg chasing thing. Come on guys if your keen then give it ago, the more the merrier and if that does not sell it then there is a pitch side BAR which is where you normally find Soapy
alaway start my night of there