Reload this Page >

Football (Soccer!!!)

Football (Soccer!!!)

Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

chrisconnell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football (Soccer!!!)

Guys,

Can you get Football on the TV out there. Will find it extremley hard to go if I cant watch England playing in euro 2004!!!

Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:26 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Football (Soccer!!!)

Originally posted by chrisconnell
Guys,

Can you get Football on the TV out there. Will find it extremley hard to go if I cant watch England playing in euro 2004!!!

Stop being a Woos & watch Aussie rules instead.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Bordy
I am all for changing. But the idea of watching grown men in vests rolling around with eachother is a bit to much of a change. Now Rugby and Football are real games.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:47 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Guys,

As far as I know SBS is covering Euro 2004. They also cover one premiership game live each weekend and give highlights of others every Sunday.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:47 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I am all for changing. But the idea of watching grown men in vests rolling around with eachother is a bit to much of a change. Now Rugby and Football are real games.
You will get plenty of UK football on satellite or cable TV.
Someone once said 5 games a week.

I turned on the TV once in a motel in Cairns and found Derby county playing on the telly:scared:

A shock for a Forest supporter I can tell you

G
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Cheers, cheered me up a bit!!!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 6:21 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Love Aussie Rules. Been watching it on Sky for a while. I even understand some of it now!
I like the 'no sending off' rule. Makes for some interesting confrontations ...... :scared:
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers, cheered me up a bit!!!
You can get an idea of the games SBS cover by looking at their site here
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys,

I've been dying to watch them play for years
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Believe me you havent missed much. this could be our year though, you never know
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

you get more premiership on foxtel than sbs - 2 live games sat night and 2 live games sun night

takes an effort to watch tho when the time difference is 11h...not so bad when it's 9h!!

sbs also broadcast live CL games in the early hours (later repeated), and a 6 hour soccer magazine show on a Sunday (Euro leagues and Saturday's live EPL game repeated)

the live games on foxtel are repeated throughout the week

both have an EPL review show too (like MOTD)

EPL coverage in Oz is better than UK in that you don't have to fork out for pay-per-view (if you subscribe to foxtel that is)
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

jezdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

But isn't rugby just grown men in shirts and no ears rolling around with eachother?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by jezdavies
But isn't rugby just grown men in shirts and no ears rolling around with eachother?
Exactly. Shirts not Vests