Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

football league championship in perth

football league championship in perth

Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Thumbs up football league championship in perth

Hi there, just a quicky, how much of the football league championship do you see in perth, apart from the internet how can I follow QPR, what about the newspapers, as in Canberra you dont get a sniff. thanks
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: football league championship in perth

I too would be interested as I follow Plymouth, and would like Telly and Newspaper Reports on matches etc
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:53 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangersman
Hi there, just a quicky, how much of the football league championship do you see in perth, apart from the internet how can I follow QPR, what about the newspapers, as in Canberra you dont get a sniff. thanks

I'm a Hammer and there isn't any championship on there. In fact last may a rich Australian West Ham fan paid for the rights to the play off final and had it shown in pubs in all the major citys
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:49 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Football coverage does not extend beyond the premiership here. Foxtel/Austar has heaps of live games(and a bit earlier now that your clocks have gone on). Coverage in the press is minimal, is limited to Premier league and focuses heavily on whoever is top of the premiership at the time and teams which have aussies in ( though this aspect isnt quite as bad now as it was when leeds were in the top flight and had 2 of them in the team. You'd have thought Leeds were an aussie team and that every aussie was a football fan ! Football coverage will be about 4 pages from the back and will be followed by league and afl coverage to the extreme.

If you follow a team from the other divs, youll need to buy British Football Weekly - reports on every game.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:12 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Stick with the internet, skysports and bbc's website are pretty good, plus they get updated a lot quicker than the papers do out here
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:18 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

There's a game on PPV every now + again.

http://www.setanta.com/content/setan...56e6d004aca75&

Last edited by NJJ; Apr 6th 2005 at 7:24 am. Reason: Forgot To Post Link