Reload this Page >

Football, Football, Football

Football, Football, Football

Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football, Football, Football

Hi everyone

Hopefully coming to Melbourne early next year, have 4 kids, 3 boys & 1 girl.
Big thing to the boys is football, can anyone tell me if many kids football teams in & around Melbourne.

Cheers
stu
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football, Football, Football

Originally Posted by Pinny
Hi everyone

Hopefully coming to Melbourne early next year, have 4 kids, 3 boys & 1 girl.
Big thing to the boys is football, can anyone tell me if many kids football teams in & around Melbourne.

Cheers
stu
O

Plenty of football teams here. I'm just trying to work out how many for you. So decided to tell you about our local club and the local League. My son plays For Moreland City under 10's here. Moreland city are part of the North west group league. I think there are around 10 Geographically based Leagues in Melbourne, Because we only cover 1/3 of the catchment area of the North . The North West has it's own league as does the North and North east

At Moreland this year, every age group from 7 up through to 17, now has two full teams, there are over 27 kids enrolled in the under 10's so far. Teams Like Essendon Royals and Fawkner have 4 under 10 teams.

So in answer to your question I reckon there could be somewhere between 120 - 180 different teams that cover the full age range for your kids.

http://www.morelandcityfc.com/home.html

If you look at this site, and look under the league competition you will see how many teams there are just in this region. All of those teams would have Junior football covering every age group.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
O

Plenty of football teams here. I'm just trying to work out how many for you. So decided to tell you about our local club and the local League. My son plays For Moreland City under 10's here. Moreland city are part of the North west group league. I think there are around 10 Geographically based Leagues in Melbourne, Because we only cover 1/3 of the catchment area of the North . The North West has it's own league as does the North and North east

At Moreland this year, every age group from 7 up through to 17, now has two full teams, there are over 27 kids enrolled in the under 10's so far. Teams Like Essendon Royals and Fawkner have 4 under 10 teams.

So in answer to your question I reckon there could be somewhere between 120 - 180 different teams that cover the full age range for your kids.

http://www.morelandcityfc.com/home.html

If you look at this site, and look under the league competition you will see how many teams there are just in this region. All of those teams would have Junior football covering every age group.
Great. Thanks for that, my boys are 6,6 & 5 so by the time we get to oz there should be plenty of clubs to choose from!!
I gather football is getting more popular down there?
As your username is ozzieeagle this would'nt happen to mean your a palace fan?
Cheers
Stu
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Great. Thanks for that, my boys are 6,6 & 5 so by the time we get to oz there should be plenty of clubs to choose from!!
I gather football is getting more popular down there?
As your username is ozzieeagle this would'nt happen to mean your a palace fan?
Cheers
Stu
LOL, just noticed your location

And yes of course.... Brought up in SE23 I've always supported my local team.

BTW... with your kids ages, they are changing over to the European rules here by 2012... so no under 12 competition by that year... they will have rooball whatever that is.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 21st 2008 at 2:01 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

LOL, just noticed your location

And yes of course.... Brought up in SE23 I've always supported my local team.

BTW... with your kids ages, they are changing over to the European rules here by 2012... so no under 12 competition by that year... they will have rooball whatever that is.
Being from the south east of england i support Man Utd (obviously) but my brother & dad support palace, my boys have gone for the local Brighton option but i'll soon talk them round!!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Being from the south east of england i support Man Utd (obviously) but my brother & dad support palace, my boys have gone for the local Brighton option but i'll soon talk them round!!!
Hope all goes well for you, when you move here. Contact your local club, or one of your choosing and they will tell you the options. They take kids on from the age of around 7. Although they have football clinic training at the local clubs from age 5 onwards.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/search-kid...ideheader=true
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hope all goes well for you, when you move here. Contact your local club, or one of your choosing and they will tell you the options. They take kids on from the age of around 7. Although they have football clinic training at the local clubs from age 5 onwards.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/search-kid...ideheader=true
Thanks alot
When did you move out there & do you like Melbourne?
Stu
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks alot
When did you move out there & do you like Melbourne?
Stu
Been here since 1980, married a Aussie before then. I do Like Melbourne a lot, especially the cosmopolitan side of this city. It's very easy living here, less hassles, less crowds, more space, and possibly more choice in all things for the average person.

I'm probably more Australian than Brit now. There are times that I miss London though... Although I reckon I'm probably missing my Idea of what London is than the reality of everday living there.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Been here since 1980, married a Aussie before then. I do Like Melbourne a lot, especially the cosmopolitan side of this city. It's very easy living here, less hassles, less crowds, more space, and possibly more choice in all things for the average person.

I'm probably more Australian than Brit now. There are times that I miss London though... Although I reckon I'm probably missing my Idea of what London is than the reality of everday living there.
We have been looking into the different areas to live but don't really have much of a clue as to where's best. obviously need good schools, good chance of employment (carpenter) & good record on crime rates.
We would like to be quite near parks for the kids but not essential, any helpful tips?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

We have been looking into the different areas to live but don't really have much of a clue as to where's best. obviously need good schools, good chance of employment (carpenter) & good record on crime rates.
We would like to be quite near parks for the kids but not essential, any helpful tips?
Yes come to Brizzy
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hmm as a Carpenter you can work and live anywhere. Mornington seems to be the place of choice for newly arrived british migrants to Melbourne.

Personally I wouldn't live there in a bluefit, as it's too far from action and buzz for me and I'm a self confessed urban lover.

From my perspective, I would choose anywhere that is close to a tram line.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm as a Carpenter you can work and live anywhere. Mornington seems to be the place of choice for newly arrived british migrants to Melbourne.

Personally I wouldn't live there in a bluefit, as it's too far from action and buzz for me and I'm a self confessed urban lover.

From my perspective, I would choose anywhere that is close to a tram line.
Is Coburg North of Melbourne? I have heard the North & west are cheaper to buy property than South or east or is there little difference?
I have looked a little at beaconsfield do you know anything about it?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is Coburg North of Melbourne? I have heard the North & west are cheaper to buy property than South or east or is there little difference?
I have looked a little at beaconsfield do you know anything about it?
Yes Coburg is North of the city, Generally speaking the North and the North West are cheaper, but not in all cases. Fitzroy, Carlton, Parkville, Clifton Hill being very expensive nowdays as is Brunswick and Northcote. The main benefit of living in the North would be proximity to the city. You would spend a lot more time in the car if you were a city worker, living on the other side of town. As you are a carpenter, you probably don't need to commute to central parts so proximity to the centre for work isn't such an issue for you. I dont work in the city either, but I often hop on a tram for the short trip in, to make use of the wide and varied wining and dining in the centre, probably 3 visits a fortnight these days.

The only other benefit I can think of the North has, would be it's far more cosmopolitan in its make up, which makes for more variation in food/shopping and atmosphere. This is more important to me, than being somewhere pretty, which is miles from things that I like to do.

I dont know anything about Beaconsfield, probably only having drove through it on my way somewhere.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Yes Coburg is North of the city, Generally speaking the North and the North West are cheaper, but not in all cases. Fitzroy, Carlton, Parkville, Clifton Hill being very expensive nowdays as is Brunswick and Northcote. The main benefit of living in the North would be proximity to the city. You would spend a lot more time in the car if you were a city worker, living on the other side of town. As you are a carpenter, you probably don't need to commute to central parts so proximity to the centre for work isn't such an issue for you. I dont work in the city either, but I often hop on a tram for the short trip in, to make use of the wide and varied wining and dining in the centre, probably 3 visits a fortnight these days.

The only other benefit I can think of the North has, would be it's far more cosmopolitan in its make up, which makes for more variation in food/shopping and atmosphere. This is more important to me, than being somewhere pretty, which is miles from things that I like to do.

I dont know anything about Beaconsfield, probably only having drove through it on my way somewhere.
Now you've confused matters, sounds very nice north of the city.
I also like the sound of being that close to all the action.
Thanks for all your info.
Cheers
Stuart