Football

Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

angelpie will become famous soon enoughangelpie will become famous soon enough
Default Football

Has anyone come across any clubs for children that play and teach normal football i think in OZ it would be called soccer?
Just wondering if my budding Beckham will have to just change his passion!

Thanks
Jaime
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:42 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football

Originally Posted by angelpie
Has anyone come across any clubs for children that play and teach normal football i think in OZ it would be called soccer?

Thanks
Jaime
I can only talk for Perth Jaime.

Aussie rules is huge. But don't worry - he'll love it. It's a great game to play, and me and my little plonkas had hours of fun in the wide open spaces in abundance in the city.

The problem is, Aussie rules is funded so much more than football out there. But there are football clubs available, it's just not so big in the media and with his piers.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
I can only talk for Perth Jaime.

Aussie rules is huge. But don't worry - he'll love it. It's a great game to play, and me and my little plonkas had hours of fun in the wide open spaces in abundance in the city.

The problem is, Aussie rules is funded so much more than football out there. But there are football clubs available, it's just not so big in the media and with his piers.
He'll be pleased it is available.

Is aussie rules football more like rugby? or am i being a complete girl and getting it all wrong!

Do you know any soccer clubs? just wanted to try and find some websites to show him.....

Thanks
Jaime
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:11 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be pleased it is available.

Is aussie rules football more like rugby? or am i being a complete girl and getting it all wrong!

Do you know any soccer clubs? just wanted to try and find some websites to show him.....

Thanks
Jaime
Similar. But I think more enjoyable to play.

There's something very therapeutic about belting an AFL ball sky high in a park, and then trying to catch the bl00dy thing. Think most passers by could tell we were Poms!!

Your guess is as good as mine with the football clubs. Have a search on the net luv. There are plenty around - just not as easy to find as over here.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:57 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Thanks
Jaime
It may just be in my part of Brisbane but I see more soccer clubs for young kids than AFL or NRL clubs. Bulimba park on a Saturday is full of hundreds of kids being coached football. They may all switch to NRL or AFL at say 13 but I'm not sure - soccer is bigger than you think in oz (though not a religion as in England)

Cheers

GLR
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:12 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Jaime
Hi

I dont know where you are bound for but i don't think you have to worry. In the area of Perth that i live in there is just as much soccer as footy. It probably depends what his friends do as to whcih he'll decide to follow. Its amazing how they change... i was a HUGE football fan in Scotland now i have little interest in the round ball as footy is now my passion, much more exciting!

http://www.jackssoccer.org.au/jackssoccer/ this link will get you more information on the soccer club local to us, also the local high school is a soccer academy offering scholarships, so soccer is here alive and kicking.

Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:27 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
Jaime
Not sure which part of the country you are in, but our daughter plays at Joondalup on a Sunday mornings, its called Jungle Soccer, they have a couple of others around the area too. Its pretty good, they combine playing football/dribbling etc with fun and games, parents join in too.

http://www.junglesoccer.com.au/home.html
Old Apr 6th 2006, 6:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Like Lynn I used to enjoy Saturday afternoons watching my team play soccer but now have little interest.
Aussie rules I find is much more exciting. You will find plenty of soccer clubs for kids out here but if you want to try the Aussie rules then checkout the Auskick programme.

http://www.aflauskick.com.au/
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Foeke Booy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Jaime
What suburb do you live in Jaime?
Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:52 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Foeke Booy

Anyone know of any junior clubs in Adelaide..?????
Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:58 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GLR
It may just be in my part of Brisbane but I see more soccer clubs for young kids than AFL or NRL clubs. Bulimba park on a Saturday is full of hundreds of kids being coached football. They may all switch to NRL or AFL at say 13 but I'm not sure - soccer is bigger than you think in oz (though not a religion as in England)
I was going to say there's plenty of soccer going on around Brisbane. But you beat me to it
Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

There's plenty of soccer going on but watch out for 2 things:
- in some areas it may be ethnic so you may not be accepted if you are the wrong ethnic.
- a lot of kids seem to give up when they're teenagers.

Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Foeke Booy
Unfortunately near Guildford, Surrey-UK!

My son is really good at football and loves it so was just trying to find out if there was any clubs before we get there.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 8:25 pm
Banned

Could we please stop referring to the world's major sport and generally known 'beauiful game' as soccer.

This is a yank word, so not as to confuse football with American rules. Which incidentally, like Aussie rules, involves having the thing in your hands for large portions of the game.

Rant over.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 11:48 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
There's plenty of soccer going on but watch out for 2 things:
- in some areas it may be ethnic so you may not be accepted if you are the wrong ethnic.
- a lot of kids seem to give up when they're teenagers.

martinluther - are you saying there's like a premier ethnic league and a championship ethnic league? with different ethnics playing against each other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.