Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

foods you have discovered?

foods you have discovered?

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:27 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: foods you have discovered?

What is chicken salt?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:32 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

like a "seasoned" salt thats supposed to spice things up from what i remember it did taste finger lickin' good
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JoolsB
oh and I've just notice moreton bay bugs-mmm yes those too-remind me of my honeymoon in port douglas
Do they taste like prawns?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:42 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JoolsB
like a "seasoned" salt thats supposed to spice things up from what i remember it did taste finger lickin' good
Sounds yummy.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:55 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Got some fruit from our trees this year, citrus seem best because they don't get eaten !
not quite true mate our manderin was stripped in a couple of days they all had a go cockatoos, honey eaters, lorakeets and the possums
the friuts that we eat was very good so next year we may net it
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:59 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisey
Do they taste like prawns?
more lobster

http://www.answers.com/topic/moreton...g-1?cat=health
Attached Thumbnails foods you have discovered?-thumbnail1.jpg   foods you have discovered?-thumbnail2.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:08 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Our oranges and lemonades didn't get touched, I guess every thing was too busy eating my grapes.

Nets sound like a good plan

Originally Posted by steve`o
not quite true mate our manderin was stripped in a couple of days they all had a go cockatoos, honey eaters, lorakeets and the possums
the friuts that we eat was very good so next year we may net it
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Chicco's
Cherry ripe
Tim tams
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:47 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
I've found they're OK as long as you say Tomato sauce and not Tomato ketchup!
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
well that's interesting........i have always called it tomato sauce..and so has everyone else i know!..( i am an aussie)..~.here in Canada...when i say ..* do you want tomato sauce* the kids..they go ewwwww~ LOL..they are canadian..and dont' know it is the same things as ketchup!!!
Maybe its my accent then?
Anyway, I'm sticking to red sauce, it makes life that lil bit easier.

AVOCADOS! brilliant.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:32 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bluerobot
Hot chips & Chicken Salt - bloody marvellous - but not too good for the bp
Hmm, chicken salt is great...made from the bones though

I also like the choice of Asian foods here, although the Indian choice is not so good.
Chicken breasts seem to be massive here compared to the ones i bought in UK.
Also alot of fruit i have never heard of like 'custard apples' but they are yakkkk!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

I was just thinking of the custard apples ,boy are they nasty.
I have eaten more fish in the 3 yrs ive been here ,than in my whole life in the uk.we often eat fish that OH has caught that day,and i too love moreton bay bugs.
I really cant do the dagwood dog thingies,so much batter then dipped in red sauce ergh.
donna
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:28 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by donna
I was just thinking of the custard apples ,boy are they nasty.
I have eaten more fish in the 3 yrs ive been here ,than in my whole life in the uk.we often eat fish that OH has caught that day,and i too love moreton bay bugs.
I really cant do the dagwood dog thingies,so much batter then dipped in red sauce ergh.
donna
i like the old custard apples
we growo em in the garden
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:57 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Violet Crumbles !! love em
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:09 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Figs filled with Mascapone cheese
Red Rock Deli Chips. Lime & Black Pepper and the Thai ones..
Cherry Ripes
Macadamia shortbread biscuits
Challah
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I like Dukkaa (SP?), the nutty stuff they give you with olive oil and balsamic and yummy bread, in restaurants. Never had that before we migrated.

Also like cheap avacados and mangos (used to buy them occasionally in sainsburys, now every week here), Helgas soy and linseed bread is good, bottled sweet chili sauce is v. handy for a stir fry, our local market has great fruit and veggies. Today I bought:

1 whole cauliflower
2 whole Broccoli
Bag of Brussels sprouts
Bag of Green beans
2 avacados
Bag of Carrots
Bag of Spanish onions
4 Swedes
Bunch of fresh beetroot
2 large parsnips
Bag of kipfler spuds
Bag of mushrooms
Bunch of Asparagus
4 large leeks
Bunch of rosemary
Bunch of Parsley
1 Paw Paw
Huge bunch of Lady fingers (16 on bunch)
1 mango
4 Granny smiths
Bag of tangerines
2 lemons
12 JUMBO sized happy eggs

Cost me $40 for the lot (Hmm, that must be around 16 quid). Bargain and fresh as.

So, fresh and quality produce has got to be the best thing for me.

Last edited by steandleigh; Aug 3rd 2007 at 7:26 am. Reason: SP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.