Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

foods you have discovered?

foods you have discovered?

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:26 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: foods you have discovered?

Moreton Bay bugs
Cold Rock Ice Cream
and after saying I wouldn't try oysters am now hooked on oysters kilpatrick.

Loz x
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Gluten/Wheat free foods! Are better and easier to find in Oz.

My son had very limited choice in Europe.

Now he has tried gluten free version of penguins/tim tams, lots of other scrummy choc biccies. Will be much easier doing school packed lunches for him.
But the choice for savoury food is good too, sausages(meat counter), pies, sausage rolls (in the freezer section)
Think Over did the sausage rolls our first week in Perth! Had not had them for years so was in heaven!

Also bread is soft and nice for a change, plenty of cake mixes, bread, pizza dough mixes for those who like to cook stuff themselvers.
Also drinking the organic soya milk way too much! Says its best he has tasted. This from a 10 year old.

We are living in rural town too. But our Woolworths supermarket is very well stocked with gluten/wheat free and soya products.

Most supermarkets sell them, we have used smaller IGA in Perth, and larger Woolworths stores. But most shops sell something.

GEMS
ps, My house is currently addicted to Tim Tams! Yummmy...
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:02 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleHobo
Inspired from the thread about the british foods that you miss... what have you discovered that you cant do without now...??

I have not yet moved but looking forward to the new variety of foods that are available....
I have developed a chemical dependency for Bundaberg Ginger Beer.

Do they make arm-patches yet?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:16 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

They Bundaberg Ginger Beer in the UK as well.

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I have developed a chemical dependency for Bundaberg Ginger Beer.

Do they make arm-patches yet?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:42 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
They Bundaberg Ginger Beer in the UK as well.
I'm off home then. That was the only thing keeping me here...
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:44 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I was surprised when I was at someones house and they offered me some. Much nicer then the cheap ginger flavored beer my FIL gets

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I'm off home then. That was the only thing keeping me here...
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

I agree there Themerlin, best fish and chips Iv ever had over here in Oz and I tryed a pomalo the other day it looks like a grapefruit but it was massive and it tasted wonderful, all the fruit and veg over here tastes so much better than the UK, cant wait to start growing my own stuff, but the seasons are all arse backwards not sure when to plant what !!??

Amanda
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:46 am

Got some fruit from our trees this year, citrus seem best because they don't get eaten !

Originally Posted by flowergal
I cant wait to start growing my own stuff, but the seasons are all arse backwards not sure when to plant what !!??

Amanda
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:45 am
Just Joined

accrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to all

Inspired from the thread about the british foods that you miss... what have you discovered that you cant do without now...??

I have not yet moved but looking forward to the new variety of foods that are available....
raspberry bullets yummy!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:03 am
3 Yrs til the good life!

terriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really nice

ooooh getting excited at the prospect of all these new foods...

but what are tim tams?

Does anyone grow their own fruit? I want to grow as much as i can when i get there... fruit and veg wise... what can i expect to grow living in melbourne?
Tesco sell tim tams in the UK
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:06 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Couldn't get my niece Layla over on holiday from Angeles City in the Philippines used to Vegemite.............. she loathed it

No chance whatsoever of her getting PR if she fails the Vegemite test

We can't just let anyone in eh........?
I don't blame her, it tasts & smells like smelly feet!! Give me Marmite any day.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ray2gill
I don't blame her, it tasts & smells like smelly feet!! Give me Marmite any day.
wow does it realy..?? i have never tasted smelly feet heheehe

oh and forrrrrrrrrrget the marmite...yUcK.......heheheee

i guess the vegemite thing is an acquired aussie thing...but then again ..my closest friend dislikes the stuff...i love it..love it..love it
Attached Thumbnails foods you have discovered?-give-me-bucket%7Elol.jpg   foods you have discovered?-aussie-vegemite-oh-yeah-.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:37 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Have to say that the fish and chips that i had from the chippie on Cottesloe beach was the best I've ever had.

Bananas were £1 each though!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:25 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluerobot
Hot chips & Chicken Salt - bloody marvellous - but not too good for the bp
chicken salt-my aunt loved it so much she even posted some to me after she first migrated. also looking foward to aussie meat pies ive not had for 10 yrs since last visit and lamingtons tho now im older & not so sweet i might have gone off them
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:26 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

oh and I've just notice moreton bay bugs-mmm yes those too-remind me of my honeymoon in port douglas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.