Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

foods you have discovered?

foods you have discovered?

Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Re: foods you have discovered?

C & R...you say the gluten free bread?????? I can't eat wheat and have tried the gluten free in the uk and it resembles plastic so tend to have to live without bread.

Can it really be that they have developed a good gluten free bread and if so when i get over where would I be able to get it from?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

ooooh getting excited at the prospect of all these new foods...

but what are tim tams?

Does anyone grow their own fruit? I want to grow as much as i can when i get there... fruit and veg wise... what can i expect to grow living in melbourne?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by C&R
Yes, if you say Tomato they look at you like you've just asked them for sex.
only joking, but you never ever say tomato.
well that's interesting........i have always called it tomato sauce..and so has everyone else i know!..( i am an aussie)..~.here in Canada...when i say ..* do you want tomato sauce* the kids..they go ewwwww~ LOL..they are canadian..and dont' know it is the same things as ketchup!!!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LittleHobo

but what are tim tams?

Does anyone grow their own fruit? I want to grow as much as i can when i get there... fruit and veg wise... what can i expect to grow living in melbourne?
tim tams! foods of the chocolate goddess!! LOL
Attached Thumbnails foods you have discovered?-tim-tams.jpg   foods you have discovered?-tim-tams2.jpg  
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
tim tams! foods of the chocolate goddess!! LOL
Tim Tams are just their version of Penguins but with different flavours and nicer!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wilso16
Tim Tams are just their version of Penguins but with different flavours and nicer!
oh ok..don't know what penguins are....i am an aussie..and have grown up on Tim Tams...hehee..and now doubt they are the best!!!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

but what are tim tams?

................... These.............?
Attached Images  
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bobcat
................... These.............?
oh goddess i love~~~~~~~~~~vegemite...my mother sends it to me from australia...i grew up on it..had it just about everyday..on toast for breakfast of a morning..high in Vitamin Bs..which is great for vegetarians..
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
oh goddess i love~~~~~~~~~~vegemite...my mother sends it to me from australia...i grew up on it..had it just about everyday..on toast for breakfast of a morning..high in Vitamin Bs..which is great for vegetarians..

Couldn't get my niece Layla over on holiday from Angeles City in the Philippines used to Vegemite.............. she loathed it

No chance whatsoever of her getting PR if she fails the Vegemite test

We can't just let anyone in eh........?
Attached Thumbnails foods you have discovered?-layla-vegemite.jpg  
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Sasparela (root beer) just lovely
Pacific endevour prawns
kebabs (not like ours and they have tabouli)
Fresh fish from water to pan in minutes
Lychees
Steak burgers
Crocodile
Beer
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:32 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so much food but one shop in particular: Fegaris fish shop in Hampton Street, Hampton, Vic. Not the one at the bottom called Fergs but the one further up. Fantastic fish and all fresh and sashimi grade. I Don't go anywhere else now for my fish

oh and cherry ripe but I try to stay clear of that one!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Still in the UK but from our reccie it has to be - Rocky Road and chilly Philly!

Thats just for starters - Im sure theres lots more that we will experience when we get ther (roll on October).

Just for the record - Im a marmite girl Vegemite

Lindsey
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:10 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

May sound odd but fish and chips. Much better then the fish you get from the UK that got more batter then fish, plus it''s made fresh and not been sitting under that hot light for hours.

Inspired from the thread about the british foods that you miss... what have you discovered that you cant do without now...??

I have not yet moved but looking forward to the new variety of foods that are available....
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:26 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
May sound odd but fish and chips. Much better then the fish you get from the UK that got more batter then fish, plus it''s made fresh and not been sitting under that hot light for hours.
Especially from Morgans?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Couldn't get my niece Layla over on holiday from Angeles City in the Philippines used to Vegemite.............. she loathed it

No chance whatsoever of her getting PR if she fails the Vegemite test

We can't just let anyone in eh........?
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.