Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Food Stuff In Container

Food Stuff In Container

Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all
Default Food Stuff In Container

We realise that there are certain things that are not available in Australia, marmite, PG Tips, Walkers crisps and certain make up the missus has just reminded me!! etc. (I'm sure somebody will tell me some of these are obtainable in Aus. but they are only examples). Has anybody stocked up on the items they would miss and sent them over in their container ? I'm aware it can be up to 2 months until you see the stuff in your container so obviously only certain items would be worth considering. I know there are rules about taking certain things into the country but wondered if anybody had thought ahead and stocked up ?

Thanks

Chris
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Re: Food Stuff In Container

Originally Posted by eintracht
We realise that there are certain things that are not available in Australia, marmite, PG Tips, Walkers crisps and certain make up the missus has just reminded me!! etc. (I'm sure somebody will tell me some of these are obtainable in Aus. but they are only examples). Has anybody stocked up on the items they would miss and sent them over in their container ? I'm aware it can be up to 2 months until you see the stuff in your container so obviously only certain items would be worth considering. I know there are rules about taking certain things into the country but wondered if anybody had thought ahead and stocked up ?

Thanks

Chris

I was wondering the same We're shortly going to be sending our second shipment and I would like to send my tetleys teabags and walkers cheese and onions crisps. My hubby is an Aussie and insisting that we ship back some 'Walkers'
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future
Default Re: Food Stuff In Container

Originally Posted by eintracht

Thanks

Chris
Hey

I have read threads on here where people have shipped stuff. However, I had two shippers round for a quote and both advised not to ship anything as they said if the sniffer dogs find one thing, they'll have the whole container to pieces. So I guess, it is a calculated risk whether you take that chance or not.

Debs