Food Parcels

Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Food Parcels

Hi my family want to send me a food parcel, are they allowed? We have asked for Bisto Gravy, Trifle (can't find it here), Paxo Stuffing, and my husband wants Pork scratchings.

Stacey x
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:43 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food Parcels

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi my family want to send me a food parcel, are they allowed? We have asked for Bisto Gravy, Trifle (can't find it here), Paxo Stuffing, and my husband wants Pork scratchings.

Stacey x
Someone had Bisto confiscated at the airport recently, not sure on the trifle or paxo, you can buy pork rinds here from most bottle shops/supermarkets
Do a search or ask Polly she's a pro at importing stuff like that
Old Mar 18th 2007, 11:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Someone had Bisto confiscated at the airport recently, not sure on the trifle or paxo, you can buy pork rinds here from most bottle shops/supermarkets
Do a search or ask Polly she's a pro at importing stuff like that
Why thank you kind Sir!

Yes, someone had problems with Bisto sent by mail lately - I've brought it through AQIS at Brisbane airport with no problems, but never had it posted it me. Paxo same as Bisto, not had it posted but brought it in often without a problem. Trifle - if its thr dried packed stuff it should be fine.
Pork Scratchings - sorry, but they will probably be refused as being meat or meat-related products, whether brought in person or by mail.

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who can't understand why would anyone want to go to the trouble of organising for packaged trifle to be sent all the way from the UK?

I can understand the Bisto gravy and even the Paxo stuffing but you seriously want those Birds Trifle mix things? Why not go to the supermarket, buy a plain cake, a packet of jelly, some custard powder and a tub of cream and make it yourself. It's not as though, by buying the packet stuff, that you avoid some of the steps needed to make it - you still have to do all the individual layers so it's no quicker than making a proper one.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:19 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
Am I the only one who can't understand why would anyone want to go to the trouble of organising for packaged trifle to be sent all the way from the UK?

I can understand the Bisto gravy and even the Paxo stuffing but you seriously want those Birds Trifle mix things? Why not go to the supermarket, buy a plain cake, a packet of jelly, some custard powder and a tub of cream and make it yourself. It's not as though, by buying the packet stuff, that you avoid some of the steps needed to make it - you still have to do all the individual layers so it's no quicker than making a proper one.
Deb made one last night for our mates little girls Birthday, cost me a fortune for a bottle of Quantro, better than sherry though
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

It's no trouble really, family asked what we would like it was just one of the things on the list. I can't stand trifle personal, so never really looked into making one of my own.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Deb made one last night for our mates little girls Birthday, cost me a fortune for a bottle of Quantro, better than sherry though
Bet the kiddie enjpyed it!!! Have to say I'm not a trifle fan myself and wouldn't bring it over for that reason. I did buy a packet of Angel Delight from the Brit shop in the Myers Centre though, just cos The Bloke wanted to know what it was!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Bet the kiddie enjpyed it!!! Have to say I'm not a trifle fan myself and wouldn't bring it over for that reason. I did buy a packet of Angel Delight from the Brit shop in the Myers Centre though, just cos The Bloke wanted to know what it was!
Yep most were out cold by 9pm that's another thing, instead of keeping cream in the fridge to top a trifle We often used Angel Delight as a topping never thought of it until you mentioned it.
I like the Mandarin/Quantro combination those swiss rolls from Woolies can soak up a fair bit so no worries with the jelly not setting
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:41 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Paxo stuffing at Woolworths now. And also trifle mix.

The only iffy one is Bisto and avoid the chicken mix as that might get confiscated at customs, the ordinary one is fine.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Paxo stuffing at Woolworths now. And also trifle mix.

The only iffy one is Bisto and avoid the chicken mix as that might get confiscated at customs, the ordinary one is fine.
We've had the original Bisto come through fine. The chicken one will be confiscated as it contains an egg product.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Why not go to the supermarket, buy a plain cake, a packet of jelly, some custard powder and a tub of cream and make it yourself. It's not as though, by buying the packet stuff, that you avoid some of the steps needed to make it - you still have to do all the individual layers so it's no quicker than making a proper one.
I made my first ever trifle a couple of weeks ago like that, bloody lovely!

Dont forget the hundreds and thousands for the top
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
I made my first ever trifle a couple of weeks ago like that, bloody lovely!

Dont forget the hundreds and thousands for the top
I LOVE trifle and make it whenever I have to take a dessert somewhere. Australians tend not to do trifle properly - I've seen ones with the cake chopped up and the jelly chopped up and layered seperately and some seriously weird combinations. Whenever I've turned up somewhere with my REAL trifle they've never tasted anything like it.

My recipe involves canned and fresh strawberries, lots of sherry and masses of cream. Wish I had an excuse to make one now...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh yum, I must try one with strawberries
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bridie
Ooooh yum, I must try one with strawberries
Here's my recipe if you want to try it...

2 cans strawberries
Sara Lee pound cake or just plain madeira cake
2 packets of Strawberry jelly mix
Custard powder
I litre of milk
Cream
Punnet of strawberries
Sherry

1.Cut cake into 1 inch cubes and put in a single layer in the base of flat bottomed dish
2.Sprinkle the cake cubes liberally with sherry
3.Drain canned strawberries but keep the juice
4.Poke the drained strawberries into the gaps between the cake cubes. They're really squashy so easy to do
5.Make up the jelly using 50% water and 50% drained strawberry juice.
6.Pour the jelly mix over the cake cubes and strawberries. Make sure all the cake is well soaked with jelly. Jelly should just cover the top of the cake cubes.
7.Stick in fridge until completely set.
8.Make up custard using 1 litre of milk and 50% extra custard powder so the custard will set very firmly
9.Pour over the top of the cake/jelly.
10.Stick in fridge until cold.
11.Whip heaps of cream and cover the whole lot with it.
12.Decorate the top with fresh strawberries.

This trifle ends up so solid that you can almost cut slices of it. It is so easy to make and tastes fantastic.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Ta for that, k on its way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.