Food in Luggage

Old May 22nd 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about
Default Food in Luggage

Hi All,

Just a quick questions regarding food in luggage. A friend who is living in Melbourne wants some Mayo bringing over. I was just wondering if its ok to take some in my main luggage that will go in the hold on the plane?

When we visited previously one of them nice doggies that sniff out food stopped me in the airport as he took a liking to my bag. I used the bag for work and its where I kept my work snap, suffice to say he smelt that.

I tried to do a search but it just keeps freezing my browser.

Regards
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:30 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food in Luggage

Originally Posted by Gethy
Hi All,

Just a quick questions regarding food in luggage. A friend who is living in Melbourne wants some Mayo bringing over. I was just wondering if its ok to take some in my main luggage that will go in the hold on the plane?

When we visited previously one of them nice doggies that sniff out food stopped me in the airport as he took a liking to my bag. I used the bag for work and its where I kept my work snap, suffice to say he smelt that.

Regards
Importing items with greater than 10% egg or a diary product is prohibited without an import permit. If you get caught not declaring it at Australian customs you risk $60,000 fine and/or 10 year in prison.

Now thats what I call one expensive sandwich. Seriously tho - dont bother

http://www.daff.gov.au/content/publi...3E5D87CAB8AF20
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm taking mayo over with me. Hellmans (the light variety, not checked the proper stuff) has only 4.5% egg so should be okay. Definitely declare it, they will make you get it out and have a look at it and provided it hasn't been opened and they can clearly read the label which says how much % of it is egg you should be okay. They scan all bags hand luggage and checked luggage to check you haven't got anything so def declare it.
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure you can buy it in Melbourne anyways so why bother? It has been awhile since I went in the British food shop, but I think I can remember it being there!
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Big Ellie! is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Pretty sure you can buy it in Melbourne anyways so why bother? It has been awhile since I went in the British food shop, but I think I can remember it being there!

Was in there yesterday & they had the full fat & diet varieties - 234 Collins St - their website is: www.treatsfromhome.com.au
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Ellie!
Was in there yesterday & they had the full fat & diet varieties - 234 Collins St - their website is: www.treatsfromhome.com.au
Thanks, I hadn't even thought of the website
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

If you take ANYTHING through, declare it!
Thats the best advice I can give.
I have taken tea bags and Knorr Stock Cubes, declared them and all ok.
Just don't hide anything its not worth the risk.
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:33 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
I'm taking mayo over with me. Hellmans (the light variety, not checked the proper stuff) has only 4.5% egg so should be okay. Definitely declare it, they will make you get it out and have a look at it and provided it hasn't been opened and they can clearly read the label which says how much % of it is egg you should be okay. They scan all bags hand luggage and checked luggage to check you haven't got anything so def declare it.
Dogs will probably sniff it before you get to scanners, as they patrol just behind immigration desks whrere you collect you bags. Even seen them checking bags on conveyor-belt.
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:38 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gethy
Hi All,

Regards
Mate came over for our wedding and had to explain why dog sniffed fruit in his luggage. Well actually his clothes washed in apple flavoured laundry liquid.

Another good one was a Chinese guy trying to explain why they found his luggage full of pizzas!!!!