food to declare

Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice
Default food to declare

can you bring in foodstuffs as long as you decalre it??
such as T bags, coffee, galaxy, supa noodles and stuff like that??
thanks in advance
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:38 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: food to declare

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
thanks in advance

Last time we visited Oz we had to take weetabix, coffee and monster munch crisps for the relatives. We declared it at customs and they just checked the packets were sealed then let us through.
Give the airport a ring, they'll be able to tell you.
Marie
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Last time we visited Oz we had to take weetabix, coffee and monster munch crisps for the relatives. We declared it at customs and they just checked the packets were sealed then let us through.
Give the airport a ring, they'll be able to tell you.
Marie
thanks for that! we arrive in the evening and i dont think any shops will be open??
just needed a little snack to tide us over till am!! and a cuppa in the morning.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

thanks in advance
Why do you need to take that stuff over? They have galaxy over there - it's called "dove".
Ps I work just up the road from you in Mirfield.
Sue
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

We kept sweets and chocolate in a separate bag, went through something to declare queue, declared the sweets and no problems. As long as they're in original sealed state and they were declared there didn't seem to be an issue. Don't know what you'd do about milk or milk powder though I don't think they'd let that in - could you ask hotel to provide?
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by southstander
Why do you need to take that stuff over? They have galaxy over there - it's called "dove".
Ps I work just up the road from you in Mirfield.
Sue

whereabouts in mirfield?? that is my "home" town??
when are you going to OZ? and whereabouts

we are taking stuff over cos we arrive latish and dont know where any shops are!! so we want a cup of tea and choc on arrival at apartment before going in search of food!!
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

whereabouts in mirfield?? that is my "home" town??
when are you going to OZ? and whereabouts

we are taking stuff over cos we arrive latish and dont know where any shops are!! so we want a cup of tea and choc on arrival at apartment before going in search of food!!
I work part time at Calder Vet group on Huddersfield Road, live in Brighouse.
We are only just applying - hubby preparing his RPL.Not sure where if we get in - hopefully Brisbane as have family and friends there although hubby preferred Perth.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flip
We kept sweets and chocolate in a separate bag, went through something to declare queue, declared the sweets and no problems. As long as they're in original sealed state and they were declared there didn't seem to be an issue. Don't know what you'd do about milk or milk powder though I don't think they'd let that in - could you ask hotel to provide?

we will do that
maybe ask for a little grocery pack to set us up for arrival and am etc
it will be a busy first day.. activating bank accounts etc, tax file numbers!! so much to do , oh and check out the pool LOL
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

I work part time at Calder Vet group on Huddersfield Road, live in Brighouse.
We are only just applying - hubby preparing his RPL.Not sure where if we get in - hopefully Brisbane as have family and friends there although hubby preferred Perth.
thats where me mums pooch goes for check ups / treatment etc!! small world
i lived in Perth for a year and although it was beautiful etc i think there is more to see and do at the east side of Oz. (IMO)
you not so bad having family and friends already there as they can help and advise you etc.
we jump in and GO for it in sept.
we have got through on Hubby skill.
good luck with application
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

thats where me mums pooch goes for check ups / treatment etc!! small world
i lived in Perth for a year and although it was beautiful etc i think there is more to see and do at the east side of Oz. (IMO)
you not so bad having family and friends already there as they can help and advise you etc.
we jump in and GO for it in sept.
we have got through on Hubby skill.
good luck with application
Yeah I aggree about the East side having more to offer than Perth. Good luck for next month! Could you tell me what a "TRA" is that everyone keeps mentioning?
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I aggree about the East side having more to offer than Perth. Good luck for next month! Could you tell me what a "TRA" is that everyone keeps mentioning?

TRA is the nominated assessing authority for a range of trade and associate professional occupations for the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) for skilled migration purposes.

If you intend to migrate to Australia under a skilled visa category you must have had your skills assessed by the relevant Australian assessing authority for your nominated occupation before lodging your application with DIMIA.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...Assessment.htm

is your skill on the MODL list? or required skill shortage list?
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...oc/gn_modl.htm

above link gives out lots of info on skill and requirements
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

you will not be allowed to bring in any milk products, so either enjoy your drinks black, or use a 24 hour supermarket/7-11, or a big servo - these are usually open late. (Coles express run the Shell servos, so have all the basic food groups on sale! )
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

have a look here -
http://www.affa.gov.au/content/publi...3E5D87CAB8AF20
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...oc/gn_modl.htm

above link gives out lots of info on skill and requirements
Hi Bev
Thanks for the links. We are new to all this migration stuff and I find it hard to follow the different abbreviations and visa types. As far as I can work out, we are applying on a SOL subclass 138. We are using a migration agent and he says we should be accepted. My husband is in IT and we have family sponsorship. We know that IT isnt on the MODL list but fingers crossed anyway! What does your husband do?
Might see you on the 10th - not sure yet.
Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.