British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Following your move to Oz, what are you glad you won't have to do any more? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/following-your-move-oz-what-you-glad-you-wont-have-do-any-more-497543/)

Buzzy--Bee Dec 3rd 2007 2:04 am

Following your move to Oz, what are you glad you won't have to do any more?

For me, I am so glad that I won't have to be standing on North Acton Tube Station, in the dark and cold on a winter's evening, looking at the depressing graffitied brick walls of the railway, waiting for a Ruislip train.......

Anything you're glad you don't have to do any more?

Buzzy

northernbird Dec 3rd 2007 2:16 am

Re: Following your move to Oz, what are you glad you won't have to do any more?

Go and visit family at Christmas!

moneypenny20 Dec 3rd 2007 2:16 am

Not having to drive to Tescos or visit Next ;) One thing that always wound me up around Christmas or Easter would be wanting to nip to our nearest Waitrose and having to queue to get into the carpark. I'd see the queue, swear and drive away again.

My husband's main hate that he never wants to face again is scraping ice off the windscreen.

mattandjulia Dec 3rd 2007 3:15 am

Work and not have to put up with my MIL copying everything I buy or do:mad:

Julia.x:)

Swerv-o Dec 3rd 2007 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 5626292)
For me, I am so glad that I won't have to be standing on North Acton Tube Station, in the dark and cold on a winter's evening, looking at the depressing graffitied brick walls of the railway, waiting for a Ruislip train.......

Buzzy

Go to a bloody Post Office with an MOT, insurance certificate and registration documents to try and tax my car, only to be told that "We don't offer that service at this branch" or worse still find they have closed early on a Wednesday afternoon...

S

>Trigger< Dec 3rd 2007 3:28 am

Glad I don't have to save up for 50 weeks of the year just to have a fortnight in the sun..:D

hitchcock71 Dec 3rd 2007 3:33 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 5626313)
Go and visit family at Christmas!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

northernbird Dec 3rd 2007 3:35 am

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5626450)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think that is what turned me again Christmas. Every year having to try and please everyone. Spending hours on the M62 and M6 to get to go visit the outlaws when in 12 years of living down south not once did anybody come to ours even when invited.

Shakmaty Dec 3rd 2007 3:45 am

Drive up and down the M6:curse:

datamile Dec 3rd 2007 3:49 am

Taking 30 mins to travel 3 miles on a saturday !!.

Packed london trains. Had to laugh at this today http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...9-3102,00.html

"The Courier-Mail travelled on the 7.20am train from Robina to Brisbane last week to see if conditions had eased on the 70-minute trip – but the service was so overcrowded people were forced to stand or sit in aisles."

Ha Ha... stand on a train.. watch the 5th train go train past without room for 1 more person.

Roo1 Dec 3rd 2007 4:28 am

Getting up (in what feels like the middle of the night) and taking my dog for a walk in the cold, damp and wet outside. At least here its a joy to wake up to the sun shining through my window.

Wilso16 Dec 3rd 2007 4:28 am

Buzzy

Definitely won't miss North Acton Tube station or waiting for the bus at the station or Acton in general.

themerlin Dec 3rd 2007 4:40 am

Freeze my tit off!

ridds Dec 3rd 2007 4:47 am

4 hours of daily commuting into and out of London, and the smelly armpits of unwashed men on the Waterloo and City line.

Rosscarbery Dec 3rd 2007 4:55 am

Keep the phone permanently on answer machine setting in case my MIL calls to announce that she is arriving for the weekend!